Hi Everyone! From beautiful Cape Coral Florida - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #1

Name: Trish
Trailer: Casita SD
Florida
Hi Everyone! From beautiful Cape Coral Florida

My husband Dave and I hope to be future owners of a new Casita. I really am impressed with all the knowledge that is shared on this forum. Thanks to everyone that shares and offers help so freely!

Trish & my better half.....Dave
Future owners of our mini home
"Never 2 Old 4 Stuff"
Trish M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Trish and Dave!

Have you already ordered a new Casita, or are you planning to order one soon? What model?

Enjoy your travels!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:46 PM   #3

Name: Gene
Trailer: 2022 Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Welcome neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish M View Post
My husband Dave and I hope to be future owners of a new Casita. I really am impressed with all the knowledge that is shared on this forum. Thanks to everyone that shares and offers help so freely!

Trish & my better half.....Dave
Future owners of our mini home
"Never 2 Old 4 Stuff"
Hi I live in North Fort Myers. I've been following Casitas for several years and ordered a 2022 with delivery August 11, 2022. I originally ordered an Independence but earlier this week changed to a Sprit Deluxe. I made a couple trips to Rice to check out the models. It's worth the trip. Everyone is super friendly at Casita. The showroom is small and cramped but they make sure you get to see and checkout all the models.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:23 AM   #4

Florida
Hi neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene680 View Post
Hi I live in North Fort Myers. I've been following Casitas for several years and ordered a 2022 with delivery August 11, 2022. I originally ordered an Independence but earlier this week changed to a Sprit Deluxe. I made a couple trips to Rice to check out the models. It's worth the trip. Everyone is super friendly at Casita. The showroom is small and cramped but they make sure you get to see and checkout all the models.
We are going to order this week. Wanted to get our final list in hand because we made a few changes. We are excited to finally make a decision after looking at soooo many campers. We saw a Casita in Venice and were very impressed. Haven't been to Rice but I'm sure we have made the correct decision.

Trish & Dave
Old 10-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Welcome to the forum, Trish and Dave!

Have you already ordered a new Casita, or are you planning to order one soon? What model?

Enjoy your travels!
We are going to order a Spirit Deluxe. We really like the layout and think we have all the bells and whistles figured out. Trying to stay with what we absolutely need but don't want to regret not ordering something then have to add it after the fact.

Trish & Dave
Old 10-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish M View Post
We are going to order a Spirit Deluxe. We really like the layout and think we have all the bells and whistles figured out. Trying to stay with what we absolutely need but don't want to regret not ordering something then have to add it after the fact.

Trish & Dave
No worries you can change your options before they begin construction. I changed models. I went from an Independence to a Spirit and eliminated a few things I had ordered. I kept the solar connection but decided to add my own panels and controller. I added solar to my motorhome and it's easy. When they begin the build I believe you are locked in at that point. I also cancelled the roller shades. I ordered almost everything else on my original order except the microwave. I'll put a small one in from Walmart. Go for it soon I think the timeline is getting longer for delivery.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:13 PM   #7

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Where you're going to store the trailer? Parking RV in Cape Coral is a code violation. I had to move to N Ft Myers when I purchased my Scamp :-)
Old 10-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
Where you're going to store the trailer? Parking RV in Cape Coral is a code violation. I had to move to N Ft Myers when I purchased my Scamp :-)
I live in North Fort Myers.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:21 AM   #9

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene680 View Post
I live in North Fort Myers.
But the Original Poster (whom I replied to) is "From beautiful Cape Coral".
Old 10-23-2021, 12:02 PM   #10

Name: Doug
Trailer: Casita SD 17'
California
I would be sure to order the outside hand shower option. Use it every time we camp. Doing dishes and washing mud of shoes etc out side is a blessing. Could not live without it
doctoruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:57 AM   #11

Name: Carter
Trailer: Casita Picked up 12/2016
TN
Good morning all. I recently moved to Punta Gorda and am the proud owner of a 2017 Casita SD. I retired and picked up the Casita in Rice in 2016. Since then I have pulled my little home around the US and before moving to FL, several trips to FL.

The people in Rice were very helpful during and after the purchase. One warranty repair was handled efficiently without question. My wait time was not as long as yours but I bet you will be pleased.

If there are a number of Casitas in FL, perhaps we should plan a caravan of Casitas to the keys.