Hi everyone! Perspective Scamp 13 Owner in SLC, Utah - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp
Utah
Hi everyone! Perspective Scamp 13 Owner in SLC, Utah

Hi everyone!

I've been interested in small campers for a while now, I think my interest being a combination of love of hiking, camping, and the outdoors, along with a desire for minimalism and a fascination with tiny homes.

As an engineer, I've mocked up a few tiny trailer designs of my own, but haven't had time to build any.

The 13' Scamp ticks a lot of boxes for me, and if I don't have time to design and build my own, then it seems like a good alternative.

One thing though, is that I've never actually set foot in one. If anyone is in the greater Salt Lake City area and wouldn't be opposed to letting me see the inside of theirs, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been learning a lot from reading all the helpful things you guys post. Thank you for sharing your time, knowledge, and experience!
michaelrcolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Contact the Scamp factory. Their sales staff maintain contact information with folks in your area who are willing to show their trailers. Don't worry about any high pressure tactics if you contact the salesmen - they don't operate like that. They will send you a brochure, and list of several folks you can contact in your area.

800-346-4962

Good luck.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #3

Utah
That's helpful. Thank you!
Old 06-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #4

Name: Bill
CA
Good blog for 13' Scamp

In case the below link doesn't work, Google "Cynical Sailor & His Salty Sidekick." It's a blog with a good description and photos of his Scamp 13 footer. Before I bought mine', I took advantage of my airline miles and went to beautiful, metropolitan Backus, Minnesota (population 250) to look at the various floor plans and options. The company doesn't stock unsold trailers. It took almost a year to build mine, but I was in no hurry. Wayne Pitlick, the salesman, was patient and answered all my questions. Good company to deal with.

https://thecynicalsailor.blogspot.co...er-review.html
Damp Scamp Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #5

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
A couple on YouTube, show the different models (they walk through them). I think this link will show their videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuk...sC-zzLQ/videos
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #6

Utah
Thanks guys! I have seen tons of photos and watched lots of videos, so I think I've got a pretty good idea of what they are like, but there is something about about seeing something in person that is a little different. Sometimes things look bigger or smaller on screen.

Buuuuut I just purchased one, so I guess I'm committed! Now I just need to drive out and pick it up, and then start the repairs! Very excited!
Old 06-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #7

Name: Bob
Ut
13 footer in Perry Ut.

[QUOTE=michaelrcolton;744287]Hi everyone!

I've been interested in small campers for a while now, I think my interest being a combination of love of hiking, camping, and the outdoors, along with a desire for minimalism and a fascination with tiny homes.

As an engineer, I've mocked up a few tiny trailer designs of my own, but haven't had time to build any.

The 13' Scamp ticks a lot of boxes for me, and if I don't have time to design and build my own, then it seems like a good alternative.

One thing though, is that I've never actually set foot in one. If anyone is in the greater Salt Lake City area and wouldn't be opposed to letting me see the inside of theirs, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been learning a lot from reading all the helpful things you guys post. Thank you for sharing your time, knowledge, and experience![/QUO

Come take a look at my 13 footer that is for sale Bob @ 801-745-5906
MrZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #8

Utah
Hi Bob,

I found your Scamp on KSL. It looks great!

After posting my introduction here on the forums, I ended up pulling the trigger on a Scamp with a collapsed roof, and I've since picked it up, so now I have spent some time in one (one in bad shape, but still)

So while I'll I appreciate the offer to look at yours, I don't really need to anymore. Thanks anyway!
Old 06-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #9

Name: Bob
Ut
Good luck

Good luck with your Scamp project!!

Bob Z
MrZee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp