Hi Everyone! We bought a Scamp! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #1

Name: Liz
Trailer: Scamp
Alberta
Hi Everyone! We bought a Scamp!

After about 8 years of tire kicking, we finally made the plunge and bought a 17 foot, 2008 Scamp ! Looking forward to learning lots from everyone, including what is the best way to make our new baby look shiny again on the outside?

Liz
Lizzzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Liz,
Congratulations on your Scamp! It is time to start making memories! Life goes by fast! We hope all of your trips are safe and fun!
Carl
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #3

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Congrats Liz, you'll have many happy memories no doubt.

We just got our 2007 Escape 5.0 and it didn't need "getting shiny" as previous owner was meticulous in caring for it. Perhaps yours was not. Just do a search using the search button and at the bottom the google search and you'll find lots of advice on how to shiny up your baby.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Congrats on your new Scamp. I didn't realize they ever made a 17.

Happy Travels! John
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #5

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Linck View Post
Congrats on your new Scamp. I didn't realize they ever made a 17.
I don't think they do. It would be a change of FG mold tooling and that is a big deal. It must be a 19, or 16 - which is the more probable typo? Maybe Liz will clarify - whatever it is, have fun with it and enjoy the travels.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #6

Name: Liz
Trailer: Scamp
Alberta
Yes, it was a typo. It's actually a 16 ft.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Lizzzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #7

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Congrats on the 16 Scamp. Were always here to help with questions.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #8

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Best stuff I've used on old faded and chalky gel coat is Farecla gel coat restorer and wax. Farela makes some amazing other waxes as well, I use their Wax Top on our tow vehicles painted surfaces. Both are easy to apply by hand, and very easy to come off. I get this stuff at the local NAPA paint store.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #9

Arkansas
Hi Everyone! We bought a Scamp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Best stuff I've used on old faded and chalky gel coat is Farecla gel coat restorer and wax. Farela makes some amazing other waxes as well, I use their Wax Top on our tow vehicles painted surfaces. Both are easy to apply by hand, and very easy to come off. I get this stuff at the local NAPA paint store.

Frank
Frank,
Thanks for the information on this product! Since you have used this, can you tell how often you have to reapply this product? I am very interested in a good product that will last!
Thanks,
Carl
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #10

New York
Once you use this stuff, it will be a while before you have to re-apply it. It depends on a lot of factors though, like how or if you store the trailer, if you have a cover for it, what the temp extremes are, etc. But in my case, once a year did it. With my vehicles I try to do them twice a year (spring and fall), but often forget because the stuff beads up so good for so long. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off. Best wax I've ever used, bar none. I'm a believer!

On our new trailer I use Nu Finish. We don't have faded or chalky get coat, so I use my 2nd all-time favorite wax on it. That is also great stuff, and what I used to use on everything before discovering Farecla.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #11

Arkansas
Reply to Thread

Quote:
Once you use this stuff, it will be a while before you have to re-apply it. It depends on a lot of factors though, like how or if you store the trailer, if you have a cover for it, what the temp extremes are, etc. But in my case, once a year did it. With my vehicles I try to do them twice a year (spring and fall), but often forget because the stuff beads up so good for so long. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off. Best wax I've ever used, bar none. I'm a believer!

On our new trailer I use Nu Finish. We don't have faded or chalky get coat, so I use my 2nd all-time favorite wax on it. That is also great stuff, and what I used to use on everything before discovering Farecla.

Frank
Frank,
Thanks! You just sold me on that product! I am going to place my order this afternoon and give it a try!
Thanks, again!

Carl
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #12

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut501 View Post
Frank,
Thanks! You just sold me on that product! I am going to place my order this afternoon and give it a try!
Thanks, again!

Carl
My pleasure Carl. Not many folks, except those in the paint and re-finish industry, know about Farecla products. I had a close friend who worked at the local NAPA paint store who turned me on to it. It is great stuff!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #13

Arkansas
Quote:
My pleasure Carl. Not many folks, except those in the paint and re-finish industry, know about Farecla products. I had a close friend who worked at the local NAPA paint store who turned me on to it. It is great stuff!

Frank
Frank,
Just paid $12.95 for 500ml of the product. It is being shipped today! It appears to be a great product in England.

Thanks,

Carl
Old 07-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #14

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut501 View Post
Frank,
Just paid $12.95 for 500ml of the product. It is being shipped today! It appears to be a great product in England.

Thanks,

Carl
No problem Carl. Good for you. I'm mystified as to why they do not promote in the states, as I know it's very popular in Europe.

You'll find it goes on easy and comes off even easier. Great stuff. Keep us posted on how you make out. Remember, it's not true unless there's pics!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
scamp