HI first post - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
HI first post

I bought a UHaul 10' ' aka the 'Pod' last year and I am looking forward to using it more this year -
I am going to peruse the interiors to see how I can make it more efficient - like drawers instead of the fiberglass buckets under the seats.

I love reading all the folks and seeing what they have done.

Erin
Erin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #2

Registry
OH it is a CT 13
Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Buy those plastic office drawers at Walmart, the 3-high kind. Of course, our Uhaul is the larger one, but we use two of those tucked under the front dinette. In our Burro, the PO had hung a set of those shelves that are made of cloth, like shoe holders, but not the envelope kind of shoe holders. These were shelves made of cloth in a column. I have seen them at a Container Store. They worked well, although I also bought some Coleman net bags to hold the stuff inside them and made velcro holders to keep the stuff inside the shelves.

Some people with smaller trailers build their porta-potties under the front seat.

If you search this site, you will find pix and ideas from lots of 13' owners that will help you. You do have the smooth walls, but we prefer those. We use vacuum shelves, hooks, and mirror on those walls.

Have fun!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV. You'll get lots of great ideas here. When you get a chance be sure to post some pictures. We all love to look at pics!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome Erin,
Please post some pictures so that we all can offer some suggestions. If you have any particular issues a picture would help. Travel safe...
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #6

Registry
thanks you all

I think I need to figure out how to cut a hole in the fiberglass to have side access.. I will go get some pictures.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:55 AM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
When building in drawers, make sure to use either locking drawer pulls or locking slide brackets so that they stay closed while traveling.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #8

Registry
Of course- I used to go sailing - kind of the same thing. Right now it has been washed - not vacuumed from the sierras but it works and i got some pics.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Erin,
Please post some pictures so that we all can offer some suggestions. If you have any particular issues a picture would help. Travel safe...
done that between the heater and back wall and on other side - also between kitchen cabinet - how they decided on the curved back end and size I have no clue. But these trailers are popular here in CA and one without lots of damage, mold or leaks is a good thing.