Hi from Brandon, Manitoba - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #1

Name: Glen
Trailer: 72 13' Boler
Manitoba
Smile Hi from Brandon, Manitoba

I'm looking to buy my first Boler. Really impressed by the feel of this forum and how willing people are to help.

I would love to take my wife and two little ones to Calgary to visit my family this June in a Boler; and then to Windsor, Ontario in July to visit my wife's side.

Any assistance tracking down something in Manitoba would be great. Or something close to Windsor or Newmarket Ontario where my brother-in-laws live would be awesome as well.

Thanks for reading!
Glen
grossg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Hi Glen! Good luck on finding the perfect trailer to make family memories with!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #3

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Hi from Owen Sound, Ontario
Glen we have our first Boler. "Really impressed by the feel of this forum and how willing people are to help." So are we; Great group.

Hope your shopping goes well Glen
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Glen, welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you found us . If you're truly looking for a Boler and that's the only brand you want, then I suggest you check out the For Sale forum on Bolerama. However, if you're adaptable and are willing to consider other brands (smart thinking) then check out our For Sale and Referral forums. Also, FiberglassRVs4Sale.

Best of luck on your egg hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Surfside TM14
hi glen ,this site was very helpful to me,learn as much as you can, it will allow to make a good choice, and talk to as many people who own one, good luck KLAUS
KLAUS TIEKENHEINRICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Welcome!

Hi Glen and welcome. I live in Winnipeg and will keep a look-out for a trailer. I just purchased a Trillium last year and had the best luck in the local Kijiji and Buy/Sell which are online.

Also, you may want to keep a weekend open for the 2nd Annual Manitoba Fiberglass Trailer Rally. Dates and info to be announced but the first annual last year was a very nice event with approx 15 trailers coming from Alberta, Manitoba, Wisconsin, Ontario, Minnesota...

Take care and good luck!
Roland
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #7

Manitoba
@Liz - Thanks! I'm keeping warm this winter thinking thoughts of summer, camping and family
@Borden - I was up to Owen Sound two summers ago. It is truly a beautiful town. Friends with their family and my family played at the beach and had lunch. We stayed at a cabin at Turtle Lake. Great memories!
@Donna - Thanks for your welcome. I will keep open to other brands The goal is a light camper that I don't need a new vehicle to tow
@Klaus - a fellow German I've also been to Vegreville, saw the egg... ;P
@Roland - Awesome! The way things are going I might be able to make rallies from Alberta through to Ontario Any idea what weekend you are leaning towards? I've been watching Kijiji and buying in Winnipeg would be ideal.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #8

Registry
Glen there should be some dates and info out in the near future concerning the Manitoba Rally, just doing some final research on locations and facilities. Let me know if there are any other questions you may have, take care and enjoy our above zero weather!
Roland
Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #9

Registry
Trailers for Sale site

Glen, not sure if you have seen this site with trailers for sale:

Molded Fiberglass Trailer Ads | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Roland
Old 02-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #10

Manitoba
Thanks Roland. I had seen that one. This is a website I used to search all of Kijiji and Craigslist together. Very handy: Craig's Helper Kijiji - Search Kijiji Quickly and Easily
Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #11

Manitoba
Talking I am now the proud owner of a 72 13' Boler !

Picked it up yesterday from Winnipeg and after hitting the smoothly repaved Trans-Canada it was a easy ride home
Old 02-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #12

Congrats Glen! Pictures?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #13

Manitoba
Thanks Donna! And thanks for your advice so far Tell me if you have any problems seeing these.
72 Boler | Facebook
Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #14

Poor baby is getting cold feet! I can see the pics Glen, thanks for sharing
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #15

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Congrats on your purchase. Nice pics. Hope to see you at the Manitoba meet in August.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossg View Post
Thanks Donna! And thanks for your advice so far Tell me if you have any problems seeing these.
72 Boler | Facebook
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #16

Registry
Well done Glen! Keep us up to date on your plans and we will see you this summer!
Roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossg View Post
72 Boler | Facebook
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #17

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
Welcome from the east coast, Nova Scotia. Glad you found your nest egg. It looks very nice. I located my 74 Aer-Flo 1000 kg 13R model last August on the Kiijjii website for Cape Breton. We are going to PEI meet in July maybe if you are heading down this way you and your family could come on over for some hospitality.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #18

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Registry
That is a good looking Boler. Seems you will be ready to go when we leave the deep freeze behind. Nice find. If you do make a trip to Calgary this summer and would like to meet another Boler owner, drop me a note. Right now I have a very strong urge to tow mine around and it will be on the road by then.
Randy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #19

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D. View Post
That is a good looking Boler. Seems you will be ready to go when we leave the deep freeze behind. Nice find. If you do make a trip to Calgary this summer and would like to meet another Boler owner, drop me a note. Right now I have a very strong urge to tow mine around and it will be on the road by then.
Hi Randy D

Thanks for the invite. We may be heading that way next summer so we should keep in touch. You could show us around the place. I keep watching my egg all tucked in the snow. oh! how I can't wait till spring.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #20

Manitoba
@Rick - I will be at the MB meet for sure. My family in Winnipeg rave about St. Malo. I think I'm going to have to go and scope it out in May or June!
@Alison - Thanks! Don't tell my wife yet, but its going to get a paint job The closest I'll get to you is the meet in Ontario. My family camped just South of the Long Beach Conservation Area, last year with four other families. 16 of us took over 5 camping spots altogether at Turkey Point
@Randy - As I said at the start of my post, I will be out to Calgary this year Love your pics in your Trailer Profile. Very nicely redone