Hi from Central Florida - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

Name: ChrisAnn
Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17CB
Florida
Hi from Central Florida

Hi, I'm ChrisAnn, from St Cloud Fl. I am a total newbie to campers of any kind. Just started doing research about solo RV'ing, it's something I'd wanted to do after retirement, not full time, my kids and grandkids are here so I will want to winter in Fl and I'm not ready to give up my house. I plan on taking the rest of this year for research and seeing if it is financially doable for me. If it is then I will take another 6-12 months getting everything in order to take off for several months at a time. So far What Ive read about molded fiberglass campers has me very interested, I am hoping to see and touch as many as I can before making a decision.

This is my time, after being married for 37 years I find myself suddenly single and the world is my oyster LOL. I have friends and family all over the country that I would like to re connect with and so many places I have never taken the time to see and explore.

Been reading threads here, and the women's RV forum, plus several others. I am enjoying Some RV'ing blogs as well.
Solowalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:24 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV. As you've probably read in posts the best place to see a number of different brands and models is at a rally. Most owners are very willing to show their rigs and answer questions. Being a newbie, we all were once, you have to "kind" of decide what you want in a trailer, size, bath and options. Are you planning to use your current vehicle for towing or OK with upgrading. That's a start, others will chime in soon.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:01 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
Hi, ChrisAnn, welcome from Miami. We just bought a Casita 17 last month and are going to camp not far from you at Highland Hammocks near Sebring this weekend. If you'd like to stop by for a visit, send me a pm and I'll give you my contact info.
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #4

Florida
I will have to get a tow vehicle as mine is a bit small. Oh thank you Debreez I will send you a msg.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #5

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
hi from central florida

We love our 16 foot Casita SD. May I suggest you watch Casita Dulce Casa with Bex Cat-herder. She is a west coast traveler with an older 13' Casita, wonderfully independent lady, interesting vlog.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #6

Florida
Thanks, I've watched a couple
Old 04-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #7

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hi Solowalkin. I'm from close to you also. Being semiretired, we spend half the week in Lake Placid and half in Lake Worth. I'm retired, he's not.
I did a LOT of camping throughout both marriages, with my children, and grandchildren, and a couple of times with various husbands. Been active in the Florida Trail Association and Boy Scouts in the past. In 2007 I rented a van, bought a tent bigger than my first apartment, took a month's LOA from my job, and took my 13 year old and 8 year old grandchildren north with the spring. Highlights- NW GA Mountains, Mammoth Cave and others, KY Horse Park, Kennywood Amusement Park in McKeesport PA, Eire, PA and Niagara Falls.
In 2017 I hope to go see Canada again. Not taking delivery on my Lil Snoozy till probably September this year.
Can you let me know which RV Women forum you have found? PM me ok Thanks!
Old 04-30-2016, 08:15 PM   #8

Florida
Hi Mitzi, I PM'd you