Hi From Eagle Point, Oregon! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-23-2020, 11:38 AM   #1

Name: Susan
Trailer: 1969 Trails West Campster
Eagle Point
Hi From Eagle Point, Oregon!

Thanks everyone for the interest in fiberglass trailers. I have a 1969 Trails West Campster (according to the pink slip) that I can't find out any information on. I have searched the internet for years, and only found one picture of my body style. I am refurbishing it again. I wasn't able to finish 8 years ago! Any info would help! I attached a photo of one like mine. It does have the standard yellow canvas pop top.

Thanks, Sue
Attached Thumbnails
468898590923b9f1d97cd23475695d80.jpg  
Sue Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The trailer is the photo you posted is not a Trailswest Campster. The overall shape is similar but the details of the lower half are completely wrong. As is the shape of the window on the side of the trailer.

There was only one model and body style made.

There was an option for an electric compressor fridge versus a fridge that you had to put block ice into for keeping things cold.

Also there was an option to have a furnace that was located in the cabinet under the sink.

Another option was a cleat on the outside of the wall so that the dinette table could be hooked onto that cleat for outdoor use.

There is an image of the brochure for the Campster in the document section of this forum.

There is also an image in the forum files of a newspaper interview with the founders of the Trailswest Campster business. Here is a link to that image.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...cture9441.html
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #3

Eagle Point
Thanks for the response. That is why I'm having problems. My trailer only has an ice box and no heater. The one thing I did find out is that the interior is identical of the 1969 and 1970 Campsters I find online. Any ideas on what it is? Again, the pink slip says it's a 1969. Mine also has the cleat on the outside by the door as you mentioned.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:39 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
If you have the time go to the gallery section at the top of the page and scroll through pics of the different models.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:46 PM   #5

Name: Wil
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Sounds like you have already tried, but the first thing might be to determine what you have. There are several vintage trailer sites (clubs, etc.) to try. Google - Vintage Trailer Identification. What's on the "Pink slip" may not be accurate.

"According to the pink slip." Is that the sales slip or something else?

Have any kind of official documentation, title or registration?

Any kind of VIN or serial number or whatever on the "pink slip", or maybe welded or stamped on the tongue?

Post some all round pictures of your actual trailer to show details of all sides.

Good luck.
wilyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #6

Eagle Point
Thanks Wil! I did find a blue trailer in the fiberglass rv gallery under the Trails West section that is like mine, other than the trailer has some type of modified window added. I am going to try to do some more searching. I would love to find out anything else I can. The one on your gallery also says that it is a Trails West Campster. I'm wondering if it is some type of prototype.....