Hi from Iron Pete in Canada - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Kincolith
Hi from Iron Pete in Canada

Hi there!

I work as a teacher in northern BC, Canada in a remote First Nations community and spend my summer with family in Ontario 5,000 km away. I have never owned a trailer but always liked the look of the little 13' fiberglass ones. I am thinking about buying a new one from Trillium/Outback in Calgary and am on here to find more out about pros/cons and things to get or to not get.

Thanks! Pete 😊
Iron Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Check their BBB status, as well as google Trillium Outback complaints. Then decide.

Some people have had good results, others bad results. Myself, I am not paying a large down payment up front on any trailer, see Lil Snoozy for how that can turn out.

BBB gives them a grade of "F".

Since you are in BC, I would visit Escape first. Their smallest trailer is currently a 17 footer, I would consider it more family friendly than any 13 footer. No big down payment, and you can get one fairly quickly. Can be had with or without a bathroom. No bathroom = a lot more living space inside.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #3

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 13. boler 13.
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Pete View Post
Hi there!

I work as a teacher in northern BC, Canada in a remote First Nations community and spend my summer with family in Ontario 5,000 km away. I have never owned a trailer but always liked the look of the little 13' fiberglass ones. I am thinking about buying a new one from Trillium/Outback in Calgary and am on here to find more out about pros/cons and things to get or to not get.

Thanks! Pete 😊

Try looking at Armadillo trailers in Enderby. https://www.armadillotrailers.net/
They are beautiful. You would however need to order ahead. and place a deposit. They are very busy and backed up some-what
Martin.P is offline   Reply With Quote