Hi from Loyd in MN - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2018, 01:56 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
We used to travel for about 7 weeks to Arizona, Nevada, California, and Oregon from 2010 to 2016.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh the good old days.
Hope to see you and Mary back here again.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:08 AM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
wow

roger I am amazed you could boondock there! we boondock 100% of the time many walmarts getting snotty towards campers on their parking lots.

we always find somewhere we are more of a need a place for the night and then off for other places. we don't set inside watching tv so electricity doesn't interest us!

our state parks here charge 11.00 for a boondocking spot we get shower privileges and they charge 11.00 extra for a little electricity!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #23

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Backpackers showers(pre moistened bath wipes) or homemade with baby oil and no-rinse bodywash. Also consider a shower tent.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:22 AM   #24

Missouri
my theory

I started out with a 32f 5th wheel, a tent then a 40f eagle bus massive thing weighted 26,000llbs then heart surgery hit.

through that heart surgery hit I wasn't risking driving a massive missile down the road in my condition so back to our tent. we had the idea you just had to have a toilet and shower thus we were camptives at campgrounds.

then bad back surgery hit at that point my tenting days were over but I didn't want to give up camping so the A-Liner came into play but after back surgery I couldn't lift the panels.

then the little 13f scamper came to us we love it. with the A-Liner and then the scamper we found hey we could really rough it we are travelers no campground needed no bathroom needed.

I guess we are called cheap moochcampers but our style stretches our money to do other things. this year was our first at Quartzite we are going back for longer next year!

we have found in our camping life less is more at times! with this if you like all the extras at the campgrounds go for it!

bob
Old 03-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #25

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
roger I am amazed you could boondock there! we boondock 100% of the time many walmarts getting snotty towards campers on their parking lots.

we always find somewhere we are more of a need a place for the night and then off for other places. we don't set inside watching tv so electricity doesn't interest us!

our state parks here charge 11.00 for a boondocking spot we get shower privileges and they charge 11.00 extra for a little electricity!

bob
In my recent trips in the east, Cracker Barrel RV overnight parking is much preferred over Walmart. Park your camper in their long pull through parking spaces, go inside and have dinner. Be sure to buy breakfast in the morning too to encourage them to keep the RV friendly policies.

I had one Walmart overnight that was in a really shaky neighborhood. And you had homeless people living out of their cars. Then a line of semis running all night long. The Walmart in my town is in a great location in town, a great place to boondock. It really varies.

My wife needs a toilet in the rig for nighttime breaks, no exception. Happy wife = happy life! As you get older, nighttime bathroom breaks become, ah.., more common. Definitely depends on the person.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #26

Name: Laurie
Trailer: Scamp 13'
California
Hi, Lloyd,
I'm new so have few words of wisdom for you, BUT, I bought my first travel trailer last year--a 13'Scamp. I am 74 and have a seriously bad back but can easily manage it myself and tow it with a 2006 Forester. It does labor over the mountains but always makes it. It is tight for me and a 40 lb dog but do-able, and loads of fun. I highly recommend a bathroom, or at least a composting toilet! I also highly recommend a mattress pad. I didn't sleep very well the first trip, but a cheap 1" mattress pad made all the difference in the world. I stuff it into a bin that fits snugly under the table for traveling.
LaurieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:09 AM   #27

Missouri
mattress

laure p/o had just purchased a new 12in foam mattress from menards he cut it down and it works perfectly. did I say a good nights sleep!

bob