Hi from New Mexico - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #1

Name: Sue
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
Hi from New Mexico

I am two years our from retirement. Will be looking for a small (probably 13' Fiberglass RV, as I get closer to the date. I am in the process of buying a Honda Pilot so that I will have a good all around car for daily stuff and as a towing vehicles. I have learned a lot reading all of the messages on this site,. I have some tow questions but will post on that thread. Thanks all for being such a great source of information for all of us "wanna be RV'ing" folks.
NMSUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Sue!

We also pull a 13' Scamp with a Honda Pilot. Are you buying one of the new ones? You will have plenty of choices in trailers, including some larger ones if you change your mind about size.

It is good that you have time to look for a trailer. Nice used ones can be hard to find, and buying a new one usually involves a wait of many months. Having time will allow you to be more selective.

You might considering visiting a fiberglass egg rally this season. That's the best way to view many sizes, makes, and models in one place and talk to their owners. See the Rally section of the forum to find one close to you.

Best wishes on your journey toward RV ownership!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #3

Name: Sue
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
future rv owner

Yes I am getting the 2016 Honda Pilot that has a towing capacity of 5,000lbs. . I decided on that, for exactly the reason you mentioned. I am planning on a 13 ' rv but wanted to make sure I don't limit myself to that size, should I want to go a little bigger. Good idea about getting to a rally. I will keep my eyes out for one that I can get to. thanks
NMSUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
If you want an opportunity to look at some Eggs you can come up to our Egg Rendezvous 18 miles north of Durango Colorado the last week in July.
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote