Hi ! from north shore of Montreal, Quebec, Can ! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
MFF

Name: Marie-France ;)
Trailer: Boler-1300 1979
Quebec
Registry
Hi ! from north shore of Montreal, Quebec, Can !

Hi !

We just bought a Boler-1300-79 in pretty good shape ! We are so happy !!!

We have to make some maintenance inside and outside and I'm sure that I'm going to find all the answers to my questions !!! I read so many post with very interesting things to do !

I'm going to try hard to write correctly in English cause I'm a French woman

Bye !!!
MFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool bienvenue à l'emplacement

I hope that is correct. If not, blame Babelfish.

It is exciting when you get your first egg. I wish you many happy campouts with it.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #3

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Hi MFF,

Great to see another Canadian on here, there's not too many but I know there are a lot of eggs up here.
Hope you enjoy you new FG Bolar.
You'll do fine on here a lot can't spell or it may be their typing?? including me.
Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI! I don't speak French, but do speak Camping and Trailers pretty well ! I do wish to ask, because I like to talk to "people," would you like to share your first name?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Smile Thank's !

@Roger - Good ! I think you try to write "Bienvenue sur le site" and I tell you: thank's a lot !!! And yes, we are very excited !!!

@RRJR Thank's a lot. I think that kind of eggs is more popular that I thought before !!!

@Donna - ... And the Camping's language is universal !!! My first name is Marie-France...Hi !
Old 04-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #6

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Hi Marie-France. Welcome to FGRV. I know you will find this forum very helpful.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Thank you Norren !

I already find this forum very helpful !!! I'm searching inside the old post the answers of all my questions and if I don't found, I'm going to ask !
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #8

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Bonjour Marie-France,
Je ne suis pas francais, mais mon mari l'est. Il est de Montreal.
OK, that's all the French I can do! I told Daniel about you and he was wondering if many people in Quebec are into RV'ing. He didn't remember it being a big thing there. I did meet some people camping in BC last year from Mont Tremblant with a Boler.
One more try: Bienvenue! Je pense que vous allez aimer votre petite roulotte!

Phil
Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #9

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
We live in upstate NY. My boyfriend and I make bets when we see a camper if it's from Quebec. We have a joke that everyone from there has a camper and drives through upstate on weekends. we also LOVE Quebec and pretend to speak French when we visit. It's ok because it seems everyone speaks English as a second language and we never have too hard a time communicating when our French fails terribly!!! Je T'aime Quebec!!! Welcome!!!!!
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
THANK you Maria-France... once again... it's nice to meet you! Ask questions as you wish, you'll find lots of folks are more than willing to help.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Thank's Phil and Meghan !
Yes many people here are into RV'ing...the summer is so short that we spend all the time we can outside !

Last year (spring), we went (not in camping but...) to NY. Wow ! We fell in love !!! And in last summer we passed 3 beautiful days in Boston and we camped in our pop-up trailer in Wompatuck state park. Jean, my husband, is a Boston Bruin's fanatic . We are going to return soon !

And this summer with our new little toy (Boler) we don't know yet where we are going to camp in USA but for sure, we are going to discover an other part of the world !!!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #12

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
HI there!! i'm new to the boler too!! just got mine in november and have been fixing it up. I posted a ton of pictures of what i'm doing to the inside. my friend is coming over to fix the electrical stuff and work on the breaks etc. I have some fiberglass stuff to do too which I've got the name of an autobody guy to work on for me. I wan to eventually paint the outside as well and HOPEFULLY get it ready but i'm not pushing the big stuff until next year.
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
HI there!! i'm new to the boler too!! just got mine in november and have been fixing it up. I posted a ton of pictures of what i'm doing to the inside. my friend is coming over to fix the electrical stuff and work on the breaks etc. I have some fiberglass stuff to do too which I've got the name of an autobody guy to work on for me. I wan to eventually paint the outside as well and HOPEFULLY get it ready but i'm not pushing the big stuff until next year.
Hi! I looked to your pictures and your Boler is like mine . For this year, we plan to make it more confortable and fix the broken things. But we have projects . We want to be sure that what is the best for us and what we can do. Probably the work is for more than one year for us
Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #14

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Salut Marie-France!

I do speak French but I cannot understand the French of Quebec. It seems to be a camping group of people though. We were Canada the summer before last on Manitoulin Island and seemed surrounded by campers from Quebec. Then last January in Florida, our campground had 4 or 5 large groups who spoke Quebec French. I always try to avoid being obvious as I try to understand what they say, but I can only pick up a word or two, which is a good thing, considering it is rude.

I am sure you will enjoy your Boler and maybe someday, we will meet at a rally and you can help me understand the French of Quebec.

CindyL

BTW, I love Quebec. We spent our honeymoon there.
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Salut Marie-France!

I do speak French but I cannot understand the French of Quebec...

...but I can only pick up a word or two, which is a good thing, considering it is rude.
I am sure you will enjoy your Boler and maybe someday, we will meet at a rally and you can help me understand the French of Quebec.
Hi!
For sure French is not easy and depending which part of Quebec we go, I have some problems to . Expressions are so "typical". Even tourists from France cannot understand us !!! But it's true for us too .

Bye the way, I'm thicking that is going to be very good practice for me to write here. In my "every day life", never I have to write or speek in English, just reading...

And yes, we'll surely go to some rally !
Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
Bonjour Marie-France, je suis de la région de Mont-Tremblant (St-Faustin).

Camping is very popular in Quebec. We have now a local Bolerama each year since 2010. Some also participate to the Ontario Bolerama.

Last year (second edition) we had a little more than a 100 participants. And it will surely be much more this year. Right now there are 93 people that already subscribed. I don' know if a 150 participants Bolerama is a big one but it will surely reach that figure as it is scheduled for September.

I have a Trillium 5500 and there was 6 of them at the 2011 Bolerama. Sure that was an international record! :-) The total production was around 65...

Marie-France will surely be there?!

-------------

Here are some pictures (quite many as a matter of fact) and video :

https://picasaweb.google.com/106851913680768573448/BoleramaQuebec2011TrilliumEtAutresRoulottes

Bolerama Quebec 2011

And the 2012 Website :

Bolerama Quebec 2012

Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #17

Name: Diane
Trailer: Boler 77
Quebec
Allo Marie-France, nous sommes de St-Jean-sur-Richelieu et nous avons acheté une Boler 1977 il y a 3 semaines... Peut-être qu'on peut s'aider?
DianeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #18
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Moi je suis de Boisbriand !

@Normand
Hi!
We went at our first Bolerama last September at Pierreville without any FGRV ! We went for the Saturday afternoon only...just looking and asking (so many) questions ! For sure, if it's all ok with our "setup" we plan to be there ! It was so amazing to see all that littles eggs at the same place

@Diane
Allo !
We just purchased our Boler 79 last Sunday ! And yes..."2 têtes valent mieux qu'une" for the reno !!! You can just send me a private message...
Old 04-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #19

Name: Annie
Trailer: Boler
Quebec
Smile It's a small world after all!

Salut Marie-France,
I am also from Montreal's Noth Shore.. Lorraine more exactly. Hope you have fun with your Boler, I have had mine for 2 years now and still very much loving the experience!

I will also be at the Bolerama in Stoneham, my first experience. Hope to see you there too.

There is anoter Boler in Lorraine, I wonder if the owners are registered here? That would be funny!

@Normand! I will see you there then!
Annie
lacastafiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #20
MFF

Quebec
Registry
Anne ! You are my neighbor !!!

Fun to know that some people close to us have a Boler too! And we are going to make our inscription for the Bolerama 2012... See you there !