Hi from Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #1

Name: Sher
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
Smile Hi from Oregon

New to FGRV forum. I've owned a 91 13' Scamp for about a year and a half. Traveled 5 months last winter and had a great time learning about boondocking in the desert. Was at the FBG 2016 rally in Quartzite, AZ. I like learning how to fix things myself but it is not always easy by reading alone. Hope to connect with others for some hands-on tutoring sometime. I live close to Eugene, OR.
SherN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherN View Post
New to FGRV forum. I've owned a 91 13' Scamp for about a year and a half. Traveled 5 months last winter and had a great time learning about boondocking in the desert. Was at the FBG 2016 rally in Quartzite, AZ. I like learning how to fix things myself but it is not always easy by reading alone. Hope to connect with others for some hands-on tutoring sometime. I live close to Eugene, OR.
Love traveling in the SW in the winter. We're off a little before Christmas to Death Valley. Then???? Back to Death Valley sometime in Feb. Then?? We'll head home Apr or May.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherN View Post
"things" is a pretty broad category. Best to talk about them one at a time or the help might run for the hills

So what is your first priority to get help with?
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #4

Name: Sher
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
"things" is a pretty broad category. Best to talk about them one at a time or the help might run for the hills

So what is your first priority to get help with?
Thanks. I've just been musing about the future and projects I might want to do. I've researched and figured out how to do small repairs other than what is the best product to use to fill small holes in Fiberglass (example: old screw holes).

But "Someday" a.) how to add 1 or 2 power outlets, b) may need to replace refrigerator, c) should I move battery inside and if so how to vent it, d) may want to change bunk into dinette, e) may want to replace rivets, f) thinking about whether to add upper front and rear cabinets (from Scamp) for more storage and how to do it.

Not ready to do anything at the moment but will post again when I have the money and time.
SherN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Could wander by the Oregon NOG gathering of fiberglass trailers at Nehalem Bay State Park Oct 6-9th and meet a bunch of other owners. They're always happy to show you their rigs.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-72979.html

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Top post in this thread shows everyone that's coming to Fall NOG! The reservable sites are full, but loops D, E and F are first come, first serve... if you'd like to join us!

2016, Oct 6-9: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Casita Travel Trailer Forum
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #7

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome to FGRV.

DonnaD is right, if you can make it to the fall NOG at Nehalem Bay near Cannon Beach, Manzanita, and Seaside on the Oregon coast, it would be super for you.

We can't make it this year...it's a large campground on a large sand spit, lots of twisted trees, very interesting area, and the other fiberglass owners are happy to meet you and see your rig.

Best
Kai in Seattle

(Kathleen & Paul near Renton, WA)