Hi from the Olympic Peninsula! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Roadtrek 170P
Washington
Hi from the Olympic Peninsula!

I hope you folks don't mind me hanging out with you here from time to time! My wife and I have looked at the egg style trailers in the past to pull behind our Roadtrek and so far are undecided if we will go that route or not. I found this great forum while looking for an LP DV fireplace to install in "Taj" our RT. After reading a bit, I realized that we really share a lot of the same issues and advantages of living in a small space. Heidi and I have been full timing for a few years now together and love it! If you are interested in our "story" and all the fun stuff we are into, check my website listed in the profile

Our interest in an egg is mainly based on having a place to do some of our crafts etc. A mobile workshop and maybe a mobile vending type rig. I can't wait to read if others have done this too!

From what I have read so far, you all are a creative and fun bunch! I think I shall enjoy this place!

-Mike
Mike in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome FiberglassRV Mike. We have had several members who use their small spaces to follow craft fairs and the like. Or, to do dog shows, etc. Currently, there's a Boler that's being modified for use as a hot dog stand. But mostly, we use our trailers as they were designed.. for camping and making memories! There will be several egg gatherings coming up if you care to go and meet the people and view different brands to see if any would suit your needs. Check out the Rallies section for details.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
You have to be careful when modifying eggs. The interior is part of the structure helping the egg keep its shape and giving it its rigidity.

Trillium is offering business designed trailers. Hmm. At least their website said they did before the most recent redesign. I guess you would have to contact them direct.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Welcome FiberglassRV Mike. We have had several members who use their small spaces to follow craft fairs and the like. Or, to do dog shows, etc. Currently, there's a Boler that's being modified for use as a hot dog stand. But mostly, we use our trailers as they were designed.. for camping and making memories! There will be several egg gatherings coming up if you care to go and meet the people and view different brands to see if any would suit your needs. Check out the Rallies section for details.

Thanks Donna! I did see the hotdog stand project which looked like it was coming along nicely! I will check out the "Rallies" section for sure. Heidi and I always enjoy a good rally Always enjoy seeing how creative people can be with their rigs! -Mike
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
You have to be careful when modifying eggs. The interior is part of the structure helping the egg keep its shape and giving it its rigidity.

Trillium is offering business designed trailers. Hmm. At least their website said they did before the most recent redesign. I guess you would have to contact them direct.
Thanks Roger, I definitely get that. I tend to be a bit into re-engineering almost everything so I wouldn't be looking for new. The project for us (wife and I) is just as fun as the end use will be. I definitely appreciate your input! -Mike
Old 02-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Welcome.
I've not yet been to the Olympic Peninsula, but as it is one of our friend's all time favorites, it's now on our list. I understand you live in one of the most beautiful camping areas of the states.
Lucky you!
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
Welcome.
I've not yet been to the Olympic Peninsula, but as it is one of our friend's all time favorites, it's now on our list. I understand you live in one of the most beautiful camping areas of the states.
Lucky you!
Sherry

Hi Sherry, Yeah, we love it here! Definitely feel lucky! Hope you are able to make it out to the OP soon and enjoy it as much as we do!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
http://WWW.VanTramps.Com

Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #8

I'm surprised you haven't snapped up this: 1972 Astro/Compact Fixer For Sale $750.00 create the interior EXACTLY as you want it for your crafts.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #9

Washington
I hadn't even been through the classifieds here yet. Definitely going to spend some time in there today though! Thanks for the heads up! The biggest factor right now is to determine exactly how big my wife needs since much of the design will be to satisfy her plans. My crafts are already well handled by our van space. The camper will be used by me as well, just not quite as big of a need. I am more in charge of van design too and Heidi will get pretty much full say on the camper outside of structural changes/improvements. Thanks for pointing that section out to me Donna

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
http://WWW.VanTramps.Com
Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #10

Just remember Mike, you snooze... you lose. Unfortunately "good deals" are snapped up very, very quickly. You need to decide pretty much in advance what you want, how much you're willing to spend, how much work you're willing to put into a "rebuild," and how far you're willing to travel to get it. Once you have all those in mind and you see something that fits your needs... snap it up. If you wait, it will quickly be in someone else's driveway.

Good luck on the egg hunt!