Hi Gals/Guys! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
JC3

Name: JC
Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Dakota
Hi Gals/Guys!

New here. Looking at buying a small fiberglass camper. This looks like the place to start learning about them. Thanks for allowing me to join! JC
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Welcome to the forum.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:25 PM   #3
JC3

Name: JC
Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Dakota
Thanks David! JC
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:41 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, and best wishes in your “egg hunt”!

Do you have a particular size or style in mind? Do you own a vehicle you intend to tow with? The thread “Trailer Weights in the Real World” in the general chat section is a good resource to know what various models really weigh when you load them for camping. Post #297 links to a handy spreadsheet. The owner’s manual is the final authority regarding towing capabilities of a vehicle, as well as any caveats and special equipment required.

There has been a significant run-up in prices over the last 8-9 months. I suspect that will moderate a bit when the COVID-fueled RV boom subsides over the next year or two.

The website www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com is a great place to get a handle on models and prices, both current and pre-COVID (in the archive section). Keep your head, be patient, act quickly if you do spot a good deal, beware of scams, do not purchase without a careful inspection that includes verifying a valid title in the seller’s name (most states), and enjoy the hunt!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #5

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Welcome JC. I lurked on the RVtravel.com board for 12 years, as over time my `needs and desires changed. Happy with my 2016 all electric snoozy. You'll larn a lot on the board, but don't be seduced by spec sheets- get a look at anything you might be interested in in person. I was about to order sight unseen an Rpod, till we found a delership and could try it on for size,so to speak. Totally didn't feel good about it. Then started looking into fibreglassies. Over time my retirement plans went from through hiking the 3 major NS scenic trailes to motorcycle and motorcycle popup to teardrop to RV to fiberglass RV. Hope your final choice is good for you.