Hi guys (new Trillium Trailer owner) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #1

Name: tanya
Trailer: Trillium Trailers
Alberta
Hi guys (new Trillium Trailer owner)

Hey guys i am new to this forum! A friend of mine told me about this forum and its really cool and lots of great infomation! We are in Calgary Alberta! Any great tips about the trailer we dont know about! Where does everyone put there clothes when they go camping! How does the doors stay shut? What does everyone bring camping?

Thanks so much

TraillerSquirrel
TraillerSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Hello Tanya, welcome to the forum! I'm new here myself, so not an expert by any means. I can identify with your enthusiasm. I imagine you may have to learn to pack a little lighter than you're used to. Remember the people you'll meet at campgrounds will also be doing the same thing. Learn to layer your clothes for changing weather and plan to use the laundromats more frequently. You'll be surprised how little you really need, as opposed to want when packing. Look at the space you have available and make it work.

In basic training (Army) they told us we could get a whole month out of a single pair of underwear when in the field. I took it as a joke, but it did demonstrate packing light. It went something like this...

Week 1, wear underwear normally

Week 2, turn inside out and wear again

Week 3, trade underwear with your battle buddy and repeat as in Week 1

Week 4, turn inside out and wear again

Disclaimer- I never did this!!

Have a blast with your camper. Ask specific questions and the generous folks on this forum will be happy to share. I hope my wife and I run into to you camping some day.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
My advice: Pack what you think you need and just go camping. Stop at the Dollar Store (do you have them up there?) on the way to the campground for the things you realize you forgot. While camping, make a list of the other things you forgot or wished you had. Back at home, shop thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, and your friend's/family's garages for old camping gear, plastic dishes, and such. Repeat as necessary but don't spend anymore than you have to. Using cool old gear and searching it out is half the fun. Your friends/family may act a little strange about you carting off their gear. Don't take no for an answer, they are not really going to use it and you are doing them a favor getting it out of their way.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #4

Name: tanya
Trailer: Trillium Trailers
Alberta
Thanks guys! TomK ya my boyfriend told me i have to pack more Lighter LOL thanks for the tip about the underwear LOL! Hope to see ya around the camping sites! Timber wolf we have dollar stores around here! I been there and got alots of stuff from the dollar store! Thanks guys cant wait to go camping this weekend here in calgary alberta canada
TraillerSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium