Hi, I am... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #1

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 2014 ParkLiner #60ish
Tennessee
Hi, I am...

Rhondalyn--we are new to the forum and we are from TN. Had about settled upon a SD 17' Casita but with two of the most precious grandsons in the whole wide world we want to take them traveling with us. Just found out about ParkLiners with the optional bunk bed set-up. So a ParkLiner might just be the one for us. Give us a holler if you have one that is up for adoption. Love this forum! Y'all are the BEST in sharing information, tips and helpful advice!
Rhondalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #2

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Welcome to the forum and good luck on finding the camper you want.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks, Herman...I've enjoyed an afternoon/evening of perusing this forum as well as the ParkLiner website. Whoa! With a current base price of near 17k then adding up the optional desirable upgrades it looks like a new ParkLiner would cost us close to 30k, unless I'm worse at math than I thought. Might have to rethink the Casita...can order base with all the bells and whistles for under 20k. Big difference. How can a smaller rig command such a higher price? Is it a quality issue? Thanks for setting me straight if anyone cares to answer.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:46 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the group Rhonda. There are many different moulded trailers out there with different floorplans. You may want to go to a rally to be able to see some different makers and layouts before you make a choice for what's best for you. Good luck in your search.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #5

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Hi Rhondalyn

Welcome

There does seem to be a difference between various brands of eggs, some manufacturers make it possible to make many mods to your build others do not. We really should not rave or put down any makes on this forum so you will have to judge for yourself.

We bought a used Escape last year and are very happy with it. We did consider the Parkliner and planned to visit the factory while in NC in 2013 but they were having some issues at the time mainly due to start up problems. Most Parkliner owners here are pretty happy with their PL. Do a search on this site to get tons of info, and yes, go to a rally, that's how we found ours!

Adrian

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #6

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Hi Rhondalyn, I got my Parkliner in September and just love it. I looked at all the brands online and decided on the Parkliner because it has a queen size bed and it is tall enough for my 6'3" husband to stand up straight in it. All the cabinet doors are marine grade plywood and the design is wonderful. There have been some issues with the Parkliner but I think most of that have gotten our trailers recently are very happy with them. I agree that you should try to see inside different brands to see which one suits you. One of the things I love best about the Parkliner is how roomy it feels inside, I also love the fact that all the windows open, the aisleway is nice and wide and it tows like a dream. Good luck to you and as you have found out there are lots of wonderful, helpful people on this site that will be glad to answer any questions.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Hi Ronda and welcome!
I was surprised at the almost 30k price of the ParkLiner so I added it up myself and your math is correct. If you were to add every single offered option to the base price it comes to about $27300. I am quite happy I bought mine last year when I did because at that time (before any price increase) when I weighed the pros and cons between Casita and PL it came down to a coin flip as I am sure I would have been happy with either.
Are you sure you are comparing the PL 15 to a Casita 16 and not the 13? I only ask because I do not have the current price list for Casita.
Happy hunting!
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #8

Tennessee
Good Morning Dave, Adrian, Pat and Sid...thank you all for your comments. I had been given the advice to attend a rally last week so we (Pat, my hubs, and myself) signed up for the GE&H rally in March in Alabama. Can't wait! We are hoping to get a peek into several fgrv makes/models at the rally, as well as meet folks who enjoy this lifestyle. One thing I've learned quickly: these little eggs are very popular and hold their resale value well. The PL is the most appealing to us presently due to its size and layout with bunk option. A new one will be out of our reach, though, financially, with the options we'd like to have. At the new PL price we could throw in a few more $$ and go with the 17' Oliver coming out this year! Not giving up hope yet for a PL but it is looking like the 17' Casita SD might be the next best choice for us due to availability. I hope you guys know how lucky you are to have your PLs! Not giving up hope yet but, as with the Olivers, it appears that previously owned PLs for sale are nearly non-existant. Thanks, again, for your comments. I look forward to learning all I can about all the darling little eggs out there. Eggs all the way!!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Rhonda, a trailer that has become VERY popular is the Escape if you have not considered it yet. There are trucks moving their trailers into eastern US on a regular bases. Yes the base price seems high but as you have already discovered the list of what is included in bases prices is all over the map with the various manufactures and I think you will find the base price for the Escape with all its included features is not at all out of line.

BTW here on the West Coast of NA if you where to attend a fiberglass trailer meet you may find that the Escape is quickly out pacing the other brands as far as how many of each brand is in attendance.

A couple of years ago I wintered down in Southern Cal and Arizona, saw more Escapes than any other brand of fiberglass trailers while traveling around.

There is a good reason for that ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #10

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Rhonda we will be at the rally. We have the Scamp 5th wheel please stop by anytime and look around if you have never seen one.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #11

Tennessee
Thank you, Carol! I will look up the Escape today. I was thinking that the Escape trailer would be cost prohibitive for us but maybe not if the base price includes options that the PL doesn't. I am having a great time with all this research but it is disheartening to get excited about a brand then find out that the "gently used" ones are non-existant. We want small (new to rv life) but with space for our two young grandchildren when on school breaks. That is what drew us to the PL. Definitely do not want anything larger than 19' or so. Thanks again, everyone, for your helpful tips and advice. Hope to meet some folks on this forum at GE&H in March..
Old 01-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #12

Tennessee
Just saw your post, Herman....thanks! And we look forward to meeting you folks...
Old 01-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #13

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

HI Rhonda,
Glad to read you are enjoying the research phase of a possible purchase. I would imagine many of us spent many months in the search.

Enjoy your time at the gathering(s) !

Thom (& Cari)
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #14

Tennessee
Thank you, Thom...read through your thread (took awhile ) and saw that you spent a considerable amount of thought and time to purchase exactly what you wanted--and what a beautiful set-up you have! I am quickly learning that patience will be my friend with our search for a perfect little traveling abode. My latest addiction is this forum...so much fun stuff to absorb...an added plus is that it is not mind altering or fattening!
Old 01-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondalyn View Post
Thank you, Carol! I will look up the Escape today. I was thinking that the Escape trailer would be cost prohibitive for us but maybe not if the base price includes options that the PL doesn't. I am having a great time with all this research but it is disheartening to get excited about a brand then find out that the "gently used" ones are non-existant. We want small (new to rv life) but with space for our two young grandchildren when on school breaks. That is what drew us to the PL. Definitely do not want anything larger than 19' or so. Thanks again, everyone, for your helpful tips and advice. Hope to meet some folks on this forum at GE&H in March..
When looking at the Escape prices remember the Canadian dollar is about $1.18 to the USD
2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 PM   #16

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
PM sent about a Parkliner for sale.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOleMan View Post
When looking at the Escape prices remember the Canadian dollar is about $1.18 to the USD
Yup almost a 20% off sale! Making the Escape all that more attractive to those south of the border!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:38 AM   #18

Tennessee
Pat and Carol, thanks for the reminder of the difference in the dollar ratio, which is beneficial on our side of the border...another reason to look a bit harder at the Escape! And Mike, I very much appreicate the sharing of your information. You all make a visitor feel right at home here! Having a great time comparing these cool little trailers...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #19

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Yup almost a 20% off sale! Making the Escape all that more attractive to those south of the border!
Carol, I wasn't sure if the prices were in "Canadian" money. I thought they must be, but still wasn't sure what the exchange rate was. Many non-RV sites that have customers in other countries have a little icon on the home page, enabling the user to pick the country they live in. It converts prices and sometimes dimensions. The icons are often little flags.

Since you probably have ETI's ear, maybe you could suggest they do the same? That would go a long way towards attracting customers on this side of the border. Twenty percent is a big deal! I'm far from a computer expert, but I'm pretty sure this could probably be accomplished fairly easily. At least ETI has prices listed. Many don't. Just a suggestion... Thanks!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #20

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
ParkLiner in Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondalyn View Post
Rhondalyn--we are new to the forum and we are from TN. Had about settled upon a SD 17' Casita but with two of the most precious grandsons in the whole wide world we want to take them traveling with us. Just found out about ParkLiners with the optional bunk bed set-up. So a ParkLiner might just be the one for us. Give us a holler if you have one that is up for adoption. Love this forum! Y'all are the BEST in sharing information, tips and helpful advice!
Where are you in Tennessee? I'm in Chattanooga and have a new PL with the bunk option. I'd be happy to show it to you if you haven't seen one. I've taken my daughter and her cousin camping and they love the bunk!
My wife, daughter, myself, a choc lab and a Chihuahua just spen five nights in the PL and the queen bed is awesome! The storage is great and the headroom unreal for such a small camper. It has more room than my previous 16' scamp.
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner