Hi, I am - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2015, 11:33 AM   #1

Name: Sebastian
Trailer: currently shopping
New Jersey
Hi, I am

Sal new to the forum from south jersey, really loving this site, looking for a 16' Scamp hope some one out there can help. Would like to barter.
salrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:27 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Sebastian!

Some information about budget, condition, equipment, number of people, etc. would help us provide useful leads. Scamp 16'ers come in many favors!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hi Sabastian and welcome to the group,

You might get more replies if you give us some more information such as:

1.What condition? Do you want a real fixer, a "needs refurbishing" or a turnkey?

2.How old is acceptable, the 16' has been around for over 35 years, and there are a lot of them out there from day one.

3. Will you consider makes other than Scamp? There are least 6 other 16'ers out there.

4. What will you be towing with? These FGRV's are light, but not like a feather that some think. There are a lot of 4 cylinder and some 6 cylinder vehicles that can't pull a loaded 16'er. Look in the General Chat forum for a table of real world weights.

5. What is your approximate price range? For a bargain you will have to be faster than a lot of peeps in your area, many FGRV's are sold the first day an ad is posted.

6. How far can you travel to inspect/pick-up? Many consider a 500 mile range to be a good number, especially on the east coast where there aren't as many available.

7. And last, what do you have to barter with? Gold coins, small diamonds, a Harley Davidson pan-head, a 1964 Mustang, your first born son, or a complete remodel of a kitchen. All of the preceding have been offered in the past.....

Good Luck

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #4

New Jersey
Thank's for the welcome Jon your right about the information so here it is I'm looking for Scamp 16' 2000 and up, older ok must be in good condition, sleep 2, shower bath, barter would be great if not OK.

Thanks All
Old 01-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #5

Good start Sebastian, please reread post#3 and keep talking.....

For example, if you are looking for a 2000, 16' Scamp in good condition in NJ for $2500 you will, 99% of the time, be out of luck!

And, if you want to tow it with almost any 4 cylinder car, you will also be out of luck.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #6

New Jersey
Thanks Bob, Let me try this again,I'm looking for something under $10,000. Will be towing with a honda rigdeline and all 16,ers are welcome, a 2 sleeper , shower bath,I live in south Jersey a 500 mile range seems to be a good number. Like to barter if possible have a 2002 Harley low Rider like new lots of extras light gray. Is this the right forum for this ? sorry guys I'm new at this thank for your help.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #7

Ha.... Did I hit that one on the head????
Yep, you're in the right place. But know that winter is the slow season for sellers, but prices are usually lower as well.
Keep an eye on your local craigslists as well as check <<<fiberglass-rv-4sale.com>>> at least twice a day.

With the Ridgeline I think that you can also consider most 17's, esp the BigFoot 17' from Canada, but be careful, the later 17.5' version is a lot heavier and more expensive. Look at the pics of the 17' BigFoot in our for sale listings for an idea. Unfortunately that one a loooong way away from NJ.

Good Luck Looking.......

Old 01-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #8

New Jersey
Thanks Bob u been a great help.....I'll let u know when I find one. Now I'm going hunting for some eggs....lol....
Old 01-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Welcome to the forum. One never knows, somebody might see your post and say, "I've been considering selling my Scamp and I'm not too far from that guy; maybe I'll contact him." Hope the right one comes along soon for ya.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #10

Naaa... It's much better if you have to work, work and work to find your FGRV. That way you will appreciate it more than one that just happens to get dropped into your lap.... LOLOLOL....

Besides that, you will have lots of stories to share about your adventure to FGRV ownership....

Old 01-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #11

Name: Pineapple Man
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Ohio
We called Scamp in MN to see if there were any in our state that we could look at, since we'd never seen one (they don't have dealers). They gave us a couple of phone numbers. We went to look at one and really liked it. Then the owners asked us, would we be interested in theirs ? Oh Yeah !!! So this is one that never hit the market...
You might want to call Scamp and see if they have any in your state that you can at least look at. (and who knows....)