Hi I am... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2020, 12:23 PM   #1

Name: Carrie
Trailer: vw
Colorado
Hi I am...

Hi! I am a current VW westy owner looking to buy a trailer instead that we can haul with our smallish SUV. I have 2 kiddos and just don't love driving them in a vintage vw...so we are going to sell/trade even though it is a stunner!
Attached Thumbnails
1DB8006D-F737-4C60-9FEC-3CD427BE0B21.jpg  
carriego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Start with the SUV specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriego View Post
Hi! I am a current VW westy owner looking to buy a trailer instead that we can haul with our smallish SUV. I have 2 kiddos and just don't love driving them in a vintage vw...so we are going to sell/trade even though it is a stunner!
I would start by looking at towing specifications listed on the door and in the book for YOUR SUV. That may decide what you will buy. Good luck with the hunt!
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #3

Name: Carrie
Trailer: vw
Colorado
Scamp 16

Thanks! I am hooked on the scamp 16. I am trying to post in the classifieds area but don't seem to have permission?
carriego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #4

Name: KennyCharlie
Trailer: Trillium
Newtown
Trillium 1300

Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of a vintage camper. While I am very handy I am looking forward to hearing how the folks in this forum have solved some of the issues I'm having.
KennyCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:59 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCharlie View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of a vintage camper. While I am very handy I am looking forward to hearing how the folks in this forum have solved some of the issues I'm having.
Hi guys...you'll find a lot of info on this site and just ask or do a search for any questions you may have.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCharlie View Post
Hi Everyone,
On the upper right of the screen, click on the manufacturers tab. From there, choose Trillium. There you will find hundreds of threads on Trilliums, problems, solutions, upgrades.

Whenever I face an issue with my Trillium I head there first, where I find hundreds of answers to various questions. And it’s the only way to tap into the knowledge of people that are no longer active.

If you start a new posting, you might get four or five solutions. If you head to the manufacturers section you will find hundreds of solutions.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote