Hi I am a new member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Currently shopping
MI
Hi I am a new member

I am joing Fibergladd RV because I am looking for a tiny fiberglass trailer to be pulled by my Subaru, for my wife and to travel the USA.

My wife and I have been studio artists our whole lifes. I have made art from, ceramic neon sculptures of diners, and airstream, to 2d collages of vw vans and vintage trailers o photographed at Tin Can Tourist Meets.

I am currently making a line of ceramic tiki mugs under the name Bertiki.

So if you are looking for someone to appreciate your restored trailer as a piece of art then please contact me to sell your trailer. To anyone who helps me find a classic fiberglass trailer pullable by a Subaru, then I will make you a ceramic sculpture of your favorite trailer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Jerry Berta
Attached Thumbnails
20210802_221518.jpg  
JerryBerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Great to have you in the group. Some vintage models can vary a lot in weight even for same size and make due partly to fiberglass layup. Your type of Subaru's limits can set best choices.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:45 AM   #3

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Jerry, you need to state what year and model Subaru you have as well as the type of transmission (Standard, Automatic, CVT). As was stated, the weights can fluctuated based on options, modifications, etc. and knowing what your vehicle's capabilities are critical. I tow a 1979 13 foot boler with my manual transmission Subaru Crosstrek (1500 pound towing capacity). My trailer weighs 1250 to 1300 ponds loaded (depending upon season). You can't trust the weight given by some owners when looking so either ask them for a copy of the weight report from a certified scale or have them weigh it on a certified scale.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:34 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Have you looked at “ little joe trailer made by Weiscraft
We have one and have towed it all over Colorado/California with 6 cyl 2 dr Jeep Wrangler
Perfect for 2
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #5

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Adams View Post
Jerry, you need to state what year and model Subaru you have as well as the type of transmission (Standard, Automatic, CVT). As was stated, the weights can fluctuated based on options, modifications, etc. and knowing what your vehicle's capabilities are critical. I tow a 1979 13 foot boler with my manual transmission Subaru Crosstrek (1500 pound towing capacity). My trailer weighs 1250 to 1300 ponds loaded (depending upon season). You can't trust the weight given by some owners when looking so either ask them for a copy of the weight report from a certified scale or have them weigh it on a certified scale.
Well said Alex; the weight from Earlton boler works for our trailer was out a lot. Was told all the trailers of same make and model got the same sticker. Fiberglass Layup and options added makes stickers the upper limit for the units. Plus many owners their own changes. Scales are the only way to know the true weight.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Might look at this spreadsheet

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...rld-43010.html
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote