Hi I am a new Trillium owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 04:54 PM   #1

Name: Danny
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Hi I am a new Trillium owner

Hi There,
My wife and I just bought our first trailer. There is no paperwork with it, and the previous owners started to remodel the inside but never finished. I was wondering two things: First is there somewhere we could find a model/serial number for it? Second when you walk into our trailer the sink is immediately to the left of the door. The stove top and fridge are across the door/trailer. I have not been able to find any other layout like this, and the sink/pipes look to be original but I admit I’m no expert and could be wrong. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks all and I am stoked to be here, we’ll be fixing up our trailer slowly over the next while, especially since it seems we will have lots of extra time on our hands.

Danny
DannySlessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I wouldn't spend a penny on it until you have the paperwork in order.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #3

Ontario
Hey Glen, any reason why that’s important? Sorry I’m new to this whole thing.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #4

I presume that you need paperwork to transfer the trailer so you can register it and get a plate, even in Ontario. It would also be an issue for insurance, I would think.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:31 PM   #5

Look for something like this inside a cupboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Specs Form.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Danny, congratulations on your acquisition! I suggest you post some pictures of your Trillium to get help in identifying the model.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Are the cabinets and benches fiberglass (other than doors) or wood? 1300 and 4500 models have fiberglass cabinets. Other models have wood interiors.

With no paperwork, are you sure its even a Trillium? Post a few pictures and someone will ID it for you.

Google search and look at images. Plenty out there of the various models.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #8

Name: George
Ontario
Registry
I bought my first T1300 in around 1975 and it was a pre-production model based on the Trillium rep who came and looked at it. I never had any problem registering it as "home-built". Not sure if you can still do that but I hear that all the Ontario registration offices may be closed. If you can't find one inside the door closet, it may have been modified because the closet was part of the structure/frame roof support. I look forward to seeing the pictures you post? I am in the GTA.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #9

Name: PCO6
Trailer: Cadet
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokra View Post
I bought my first T1300 in around 1975 and it was a pre-production model based on the Trillium rep who came and looked at it. I never had any problem registering it as "home-built". Not sure if you can still do that but I hear that all the Ontario registration offices may be closed. If you can't find one inside the door closet, it may have been modified because the closet was part of the structure/frame roof support. I look forward to seeing the pictures you post? I am in the GTA.
That's been my experience too. I've home built 2 trailers (utility & off road) and am working on a 3rd. The only questions Service Ontario asked were the weight (I guessed) and the colour (both were black & aluminum, they picked "black"). I had photos with me and offered them but they didn't want them. The one time fee 2 years ago was $25 and you will be given an ownership slip and matching trailer plate.

Regarding insurance, Your tow vehicle insurance also covers your trailer from a liability point of view. If it's an older trailer you'll probably be out of luck with regard to comprehensive insurance. I was able to insure my 2019 trailer last year. In fact the dealership required it before I picked it up. When I asked my agent about my 1985 Cadet during the same phone call she in so many words said it "can't be done". If your trailer is damaged on the road, a tree falls on it at a campground, gets stolen, etc. you're basically on your own.
PCO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #10

Ontario
I have pics but I’m still trying to figure out how to post. The interior does seem to have been wood. One of the cabinet doors is missing and that must have been the one with identifying information.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #11

Ontario
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PvsXQBMyf9qjfYQP8

I think this should link to pics. It’s definitely a trillium as it has a huge trillium on the window cover.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #12

Name: Kelly
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Are the cabinets and benches fiberglass (other than doors) or wood? 1300 and 4500 models have fiberglass cabinets. Other models have wood interiors.

With no paperwork, are you sure its even a Trillium? Post a few pictures and someone will ID it for you.

Google search and look at images. Plenty out there of the various models.
We’ve looked at pics and can’t find anything similar. The interior was wood. But it looks like a 1300 shell. There is no paperwork in the existing cabinets, which look original. It has a big trillium rock shield so we’re pretty sure that’s what it is. Pics are included in a link below (or above?).
Kelly-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #13

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
I bought a 1987 Scamp with no paperwork some years back. I found a factory serial number cold-stamped into the metal frame at the tongue area. Don't know anything about Trilliums but you might check in that area for some kind of ID reference.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #14

Ontario
Registry
Hi, I assume that you have figured out what it is? From the pix you posted, it looks to me like a Trillium modified for wheelchair access or hot dog/ice cream vendor stand?
Old 04-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #15

Ontario
Quote:
Hi, I assume that you have figured out what it is? From the pix you posted, it looks to me like a Trillium modified for wheelchair access or hot dog/ice cream vendor stand?
We have no idea what it is. The shell is 11 ft. The sink is right beside the door and the water tank (previously removed) was in the bench beside that. We can’t find anything with particleboard cabinets or the sink/tank on that side. We’re lost. We’ll have to see if we can find a stamp on the hitch.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #16

Ontario
Registry
my T4500 shell is 11 ft long and it almost sounds like you have a T5500 which had a wood interior. I checked my frame and there is a small label on the outside of the tongue half way between the jack and the hitch that I can't read. I am not sure if I have an original frame? I have a square rear bumper to hold a sewer hose and no toilet?
Old 04-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #17

Ontario
Quote:
my T4500 shell is 11 ft long and it almost sounds like you have a T5500 which had a wood interior. I checked my frame and there is a small label on the outside of the tongue half way between the jack and the hitch that I can't read. I am not sure if I have an original frame? I have a square rear bumper to hold a sewer hose and no toilet?
I thought all 5500s were longer than that? I did look at the frame and there is stamping there but it all seems to do with tow weights, etc. I’ll have another look near the hitch when it isn’t so damn cold out.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:09 PM   #18

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Its a Trillium Sportsman. They have appeared here before. Its been modified a fair amount.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #19

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Its a Trillium Sportsman. They have appeared here before. Its been modified a fair amount.
With the flat back, it certainly looks like a sportsman, but without the back door for some reason. Interesting. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #20

Name: Tom Young
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Arizona
Sportsman

Yes, it's definitely a Sportsman. Not factory back door, tail lights or windows.
The interior from the factory was completely bare - so this must be an an all custom interior by buyer or others. It is basically a 4500 shell modified around 1975. As I remember from that time, the only place for a serial number on a Sportsman was a paper decal above the left front side marker light. Probably not worth the effort to find title or license info - just call it 'home made'. (It really is anyway!)
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium