Hi, I am Amy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 12:19 PM   #1

Name: Amy
Trailer: Casita, currently shopping
Georgia
Hi, I am Amy

I am in the market for a casita, preferably, but am open to an alternative. I am a tent camper, I used to have a pop up, but my ex failed to keep it locked and it was stolen. I enjoyed the pop up, but I'm ready for something that will last longer and be a little easier. It's nice to be here!
admit8848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: I started with a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.I now have a 2015, Dynamax DX3-37RV Super-C diesel puller
Box Elder, SD (formerly of Long Island, NY)
Welcome Amy! LOTS of good to great fiberglass eggs have been made. I started RVing with a new 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe back in August of 2010. Over four years, I put 50,000+ miles on it before I "graduated" to the 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB I now full time in. I imagine that new "eggs" start around $20,000 und go up from there (into the $60k range!). If you haven't see Eileen Glick's "Love My Casita" website, definitely take a look. "Arizona Eileen" as she's called has written an EXCELLENT book "A to Z Casita's Owner's Guide" which I believe she still updates regularly. Even though it's written for Casitas, MUCH of the content would apply to other fiberglass "egg" trailers. It's money WELL spent! Little House Customs is another great resource. I put links below. Again, WELCOME!

Love My Casita

https://littlehousecustoms.com/store.html
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:23 PM   #3

Name: Amy
Trailer: Casita, currently shopping
Georgia
Thank you!

Thank you so much for the tips! I have not seen those resources, but I will check them out. I am certainly fearful of the price tag, which is why I'm hoping to find one used, though they hardly depreciate at all. That is so great for owners, but certainly creates a pretty exclusive club. Please let me in! haha
admit8848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Used savings are mostly about saving TIME and NOT about saving money. Its a way to avoid a year to year and a half wait. Price is what it is, molded FG trailers are more expensive than their stick built cousins and smaller too.

Your money will buy you more trailer with a stick built, and probably more headaches and much more depreciation.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote