Hi! I am Anniva - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #1

Name: Anniva
Trailer: Currently shopping
Georgia
Hi! I am Anniva

Hi! I am Anniva and my husband and I are looking for a nice used Casida, or similar travel trailer. It has years since we owned one and are trying to get up to speed on the best new features for our needs. We are retired and expect to make trips of a week or two exploring both campgrounds and wilderness areas. We will concentrate our search in Georgia and the surrounding states.
Anniva Renick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniva Renick View Post
Hi! I am Anniva and my husband and I are looking for a nice used Casida, or similar travel trailer. It has years since we owned one and are trying to get up to speed on the best new features for our needs. We are retired and expect to make trips of a week or two exploring both campgrounds and wilderness areas. We will concentrate our search in Georgia and the surrounding states.
Welcome, Annika, you’ve come to the right place!
The first thing you will want to consider is your tow vehicle and its capabilities...or maybe you’re thinking of purchasing a new one? That will give you an idea of what size trailer you are looking for—make sure you’re figuring in fully loaded weight, NOT empty! There could be up to a thousand pound difference. And you don’t want to get right up there against your vehicle’s max.

Find a rally and take a look at what is out there. Once I saw a 13’ I realized it was just too small and I didn’t want to take down and put up a bed every day. That doesn’t bother some people. I really love the 17’ and by seeing a number of them in person, realized the Spirit model would work best for me. You may find another kind of trailer you like too! Rallies are also a good place to get a lead on one for sale. That’s how I found mine!

I’m glad you realize that you will probably need to expand your search beyond Georgia. Make sure you have money in hand and be ready to move as soon as you see a trailer come available. There are other forums in addition to this one, and Facebook groups too, I understand, but don’t know anything about those. Trailers seem to pop up on Craigslist a lot also.

Good luck to you and happy camping!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #3

Georgia
Hi! I'm Anniva

Thank you, Lisa, for your feedback. We're good for the towing capability, as well as the other suggestions you made, etc. Since I'm new to this website, I messaged someone earlier on the site but have not yet rec'd a response. I might have missed a que on procedure, but will wait and see what happens. Thank you again for your help!
Old 06-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Anniva! I concur with what Lisa has said, so I won't repeat what she noted. Just be ready to pounce when you see what you're looking for as fiberglass campers go quickly! Have fun in your search!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:27 PM   #5

Georgia
Smile Hi! I'm Anniva

Thank you JBB! We are ready to pounce!