Hi, I am Barton. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #1

Name: Barton
Trailer: Escape 21
Texas
Hi, I am Barton.

I live in Texas and have an '17 Escape 21. I have been on the Escape Forum for almost 2 years. Picked up my Escape the last day of July 2017. Returning from Chilliwack, my family and I visited Olympic NP, the Cascade Locks, Yellowstone NP and the Grand Tetons. We also got to see the eclipse in Wyoming. In December the family and I spent a week in Terlingua and Big Bend NP. I seem to have not got enough of Big Bend and will be returning in April.

PS: I am planing a trip to Niagara in September and would like to attend the rally. When will registration began?
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Hi James, go to this site and tell Cecile your coming for the Escape rally. And make your reservations.

Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

You may also want to stop over first at the Algonac Rally in Michigan the weekend before that rally.
Reservations for that rally won’t start until first week of March.
Through the Michigan reservation system.
I’m a winter Texan, live at port Isabel. Look forward to meeting ya!
Mike
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #3

Texas
Thanks. I will not be leaving Austin until the weekend before the rally. My son can only get off for 2 weeks
Old 01-29-2018, 09:46 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Barton, sorry for calling you James, I’m bad.
Your best route will most likely be going thru Buffalo.
See ya there!
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Barton. Welcome to FiberglassRV.com! We're glad you're here (too)!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #6

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Sounds like you've already done some primo camping! Welcome to the forum!

BEST
Kai
Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 PM   #7

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Sounds like you've already done some primo camping! Welcome to the forum!

BEST
Kai
We bought a popup in '98 and 2 trailers before the Escape. In the past years we been to the Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Carlsbad, Custer SD, Branson and Hot Springs AR. No further east than that. I am so looking forward to Niagara Falls. Also plan on visiting Mammoth Cave, the Henry Ford Museum, St Louis and the Lincoln's tomb this September.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:16 PM   #8

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Even more so! Enjoy your new Escape fiberglass trailer! Sounds like you really know how to!

BEST
Kai
Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #9

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Gang View Post
I live in Texas and have an '17 Escape 21. I have been on the Escape Forum for almost 2 years. Picked up my Escape the last day of July 2017. Returning from Chilliwack, my family and I visited Olympic NP, the Cascade Locks, Yellowstone NP and the Grand Tetons. We also got to see the eclipse in Wyoming. In December the family and I spent a week in Terlingua and Big Bend NP. I seem to have not got enough of Big Bend and will be returning in April.

PS: I am planing a trip to Niagara in September and would like to attend the rally. When will registration began?
What did you like best about this area? We are going this summer and looking for all the ideas we can find.
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:46 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricAllyn View Post
What did you like best about this area? We are going this summer and looking for all the ideas we can find.
Which area? Texas? Everyone is different. Me, I like seeing parks, rivers, and mountains. I enjoyed Big Bend NP. A lot of the state parks are nice like Garner SP. But Garner will be packed in the summer and hard to get into unless you already have reservations. Most of the parks that have rivers and lakes will be full. In Texas, the summers are hot. There are caverns in the Texas Hill Country that are a nice way to cool off during the hot days. Other people like seeing various cities and historical sites in Texas such as San Antonio (the river walk, the Alamo and other Spanish missions), which are well worth your time.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:54 PM   #11

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
If you're talking about Big Bend, I can tell you why I enjoy it: you have to go there on purpose. It's not on the way to anywhere. The isolation means relatively pristine desert conditions, and the night skies against the rocks are unmatched in the lower 48. I've often heard Big Bend described as "magnificent desolation", which I thought was a pretty apt description.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2096.jpg  
Old 01-31-2018, 10:57 PM   #12

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
If you're talking about Big Bend, I can tell you why I enjoy it: you have to go there on purpose. It's not on the way to anywhere. The isolation means relatively pristine desert conditions, and the night skies against the rocks are unmatched. I've often heard Big Bend described as "magnificent desolation", which I thought was a pretty apt description.
Yep, and that is why I am going back in April. Also going to stay a few days at Kickapoo Cavern SP.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:03 PM   #13

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Yep, and that is why I am going back in April. Also going to stay a few days at Kickapoo Cavern SP.
Watching the bats go out nightly at Kickapoo Caverns is pretty neat. It's too bad they closed the Alamo Village a few years back after the landowners passed on. The Alamo replica was a great side trip if you were in Bracketville.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #14

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Watching the bats go out nightly at Kickapoo Caverns is pretty neat. It's too bad they closed the Alamo Village a few years back after the landowners passed on. The Alamo replica was a great side trip if you were in Bracketville.
We went to the Alamo replica in 2000(?). When I have gone to the Alamo in San Antonio I get very emotional. When we went to the replica I felt nothing. It was neat to look at, but it did not stir my soul like the original.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:19 PM   #15

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
We went to the Alamo replica in 2000(?). When I have gone to the Alamo in San Antonio I get very emotional. When we went to the replica I felt nothing. It was neat to look at, but it did not stir my soul like the original.
Well yeah of course, not the same thing. It's entirely different when you know you're standing on the hallowed ground where it actually happened. But, it was still kind of cool to know that John Wayne and Richard Widmark filmed there.