Hi I am Beth - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #1

Name: Beth
Trailer: in the market
Pennsylvania
Hi I am Beth

HI there! We're former tent campers who transitioned to a pop-up and now wish to graduate to a fiberglass, 13' RV. We miss camping and need an RV we can tow with a sport utility vehicle. A kind neighbor, who has a U- Haul camper, recommended this terrific site. We're outside of Philadelphia and won't mind traveling 8 - 10 hours or so. Thank you!
GoFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFitz View Post
HI there! We're former tent campers who transitioned to a pop-up and now wish to graduate to a fiberglass, 13' RV. We miss camping and need an RV we can tow with a sport utility vehicle. A kind neighbor, who has a U- Haul camper, recommended this terrific site. We're outside of Philadelphia and won't mind traveling 8 - 10 hours or so. Thank you!

Check this site out
Welcome & good luck w/your search... also be sure and down load the document ( in document center)... on buying a fiberglass trailer as well as the “ real weights of trailers”
Unfortunately I don’t have time to find the links... I’m sure others will chime in

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Hi, Beth.....

Welcome to the forum! You have many choices available, depending on the capacity of the SUV you have. For example, I've been happily towing a 17' Casita Liberty (about 3300 lbs loaded for travel)....with a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe V6, which has a 5000-lb tow rating. Casita currently produces 16' and 17' molded fiberglass models. Scamp makes 13', 16', and a 5th wheel....all in molded fiberglass. Always check the SUV's manufacturer tow ratings....and it's best to allow a 10-15% cushion on capacity over the trailer's weight.

I suggest you look at the "Classified" on this forum, and on Casita Club, and on Casita Forum. There are well loved and maintained used ones out there (mine came that way)....but they don't last long when posted!

Good luck....and I hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank
NASA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:34 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
FWIW, I found my Trillium doing a nationwide C/L search (plenty of unofficial search engines out there for Craigslist). The trailer never showed up here or the FG RV 4 sale forum either, which cut down on the competition (other buyers).

Get to know values well, and learn about the deficiencies each brand/model has. Then when the right one shows up, you can pounce while others pondered "hey what should I look for on XYZ/Is this a good deal?"

The demand for molded FG trailers continues to exceed the supply.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote