Hi, I am Bill. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Casita
TN
Hi, I am Bill.

My wife and I bought a used 2016 Casita Liberty Deluxe late in May. After towing it home to Tennessee from Florida, we took our first camping trip to NE Georgia (Tallulah Gorge State Park). On our very first night out, between 2:00 am and 6:00 am, a broken (I guess) toilet valve overflowed the toilet when the black water holding tank filled, then overflowed the shower basin after the gray water holding tank filled, and had just begun overflowing into the main camper area. Neighboring campers loaned us two fans, and together with the A/C, we tried to dry everything out best we could. The valve has now been replaced, but I am installing a toilet water supply cutoff valve just in case.

Still, we love our new Casita and I have been very busy trying to learn all the camper systems. I have already installed a battery cutoff (from Little House Customs), and have some other mods I am considering.

We are leaving soon for our next trip and also have one already planned in August and September.
bmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #2

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
To bad you had a rough start, but you can now think about things you want to change to make sure things don't happen again. Shut off valves and switches for electrical help make life easier, and there are a lot of threads in the "mods" section which talk about things people have done to make life better. Browse through there, and some of the others as you have time, and lots of them will give you ideas.

Happy Camping!
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome to FGRV: you got a good story your first time out...rough at the time but as they say, "good to dine out on."

Better luck next time!

Happy camping!

BEST

Kai