Hi, I am Dan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: Surfside TM14
Ontario
Hi, I am Dan

Hello, I am a new member, but have visited the forum a few times in the past. We purchased a 77 Surfside TM14 in the late fall of 2013 that is a work in progress (lots of great ideas to do things to it but keeping our big ambitions in check). I have some photos that I will post of before and after as we go along. So far we have painted the cupboards, replaced the carpeting/flooring with a rubber-like laminate flooring, re-wrapped the cushions (a little more retro looking than the twill?? original coverings), installed blinds, re-wired the towing lights. This was to make it usable so we could start to enjoy it.

Future ambitions: Door needs some serious hinge repair (currently reading threads on members repairs. Front window protection screen was off so that will need to be fixed (rivets - original or previous owner through shell popped out). Full bearing check and undercarriage inspection prior to 2017 travels (plus add new rubber and rims). Looking into replacing all lighting (interior, towing, etc) with LED style bulbs while retaining original light housing.
Zoecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #2

Name: Dan
Trailer: Surfside TM14
Ontario
A couple of photos

Some photos I found quickly.

1 - Overall pick
2 & 3 - interior flooring, cushions and painted cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
1115.jpg   1116.jpg  

1117.jpg  
Zoecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
Nice work Dan!
John