Hi, I am from Utah! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2017, 03:32 AM   #1

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Utah
Hi, I am from Utah!

Hello everyone!

I have been doing research on getting a trailer for camping and the like and came across your website and community several times and decided that I want to be part of the group. I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah. I have a taste for older trailers (I have a friend that got me into trailers, that has an original 13' or so 1938 Weld-Bilt trailer made from a local company. That got me really interested in the small trailer hobby. If you guys want to hear a detailed story about that, I can start another thread.)

I'm looking to do stuff locally in Utah and eventually branch out into Wyoming, Colorado, and to the West Coast as well. I'll be posting a wanted ad in the morning.

I'll even be taking a class in September on how to restore old trailers. If I learn enough and like it, might even tease a shot at opening a business doing that.

Thanks everyone! Sorry if this sounded like a job interview... Don't know how to break the ice other than jabbering something!

--Patdeesky
Patdeesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Patrick. You've landed on a web site that is pretty much dedicated to fully molded fiberglass TTs. They are small but not stick built like the standard RV. Might want to check on the home page of the manufactures that have built these FG eggs to see if they're something you're interested in.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hi, I am from Utah!

Welcome!

Dave is correct- we're all about all-molded "egg" trailers here, new and vintage.

There are also forums for vintage stick-built "canned ham" trailers. Tin Can Tourists is one, I believe.

I know you're really looking for projects, but since you like vintage trailers and business opportunities, check out Relic Trailers, based in eastern Washington state. Very interesting back story. It's a recent start-up, but the molds (and a couple of shells) were a barn find from the 60's. We've followed this story since the molds first surfaced in an eBay auction about 3 years ago. Pretty sure there was some chatter on TCT as well.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #4

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Welcome Patrick. I'm in Grand Junction, maybe our paths will cross sometime.
Hope you end up with a FGRV. You will love it. Also look for facebook groups about your interests. Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #5

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Utah
What originally led me here was a Hunter Jr compact about a month ago. I liked the individuality that it had and looked further into it. I have liked what I have seen so far with fgrv trailers vs. stick and skin trailers. I liked the fiberglass a lot more as it's lightweight and isn't leak prone like tin trailers are. They are incredibly lightweight too and can be moved by hand if needed, which is why I am wanting one.
Patdeesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdeesky View Post
What originally led me here was a Hunter Jr compact about a month ago. I liked the individuality that it had and looked further into it. I have liked what I have seen so far with fgrv trailers vs. stick and skin trailers. I liked the fiberglass a lot more as it's lightweight and isn't leak prone like tin trailers are. They are incredibly lightweight too and can be moved by hand if needed, which is why I am wanting one.
Well Pat, the best places to see & talk with owners of many makes & models will be at one of the FGTT rallies. Check out the rally map for something close to you. BTW, these tend to sell fast, some times within hours of being posted for sale. They are sold new, direct from the builder and not through dealers.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote