Hi, I am Jean... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,892
PM sent.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Posts: 137
The best advice

Usually the best advice will always appear from someone else . Since I've yet to see it , I'll pass it on ; ---- go to any fiberglass rally & check out the many different units & their mod.s . The campers are always happy to show their rigs . I have a 13 Scamp , 1 propane tank ,a ref. , & use a tiny el. heater . I removed the front bunks , & had a custom mattress made in place of narrow front bunk . My unit is lighter than most in keeping with simplicity.
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Name: Jean
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Texas
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
There have been a couple of replies that you might not fully understand if you are new to recreational vehicles (RVs) and travel trailers.
I can't tell you how helpful this reply was. THANK YOU! You hit your intended mark.

Jean
jsuplick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Name: Jean
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Texas
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimp View Post
Usually the best advice will always appear from someone else . Since I've yet to see it , I'll pass it on ; ---- go to any fiberglass rally & check out the many different units & their mod.s . The campers are always happy to show their rigs . I have a 13 Scamp , 1 propane tank ,a ref. , & use a tiny el. heater . I removed the front bunks , & had a custom mattress made in place of narrow front bunk . My unit is lighter than most in keeping with simplicity.
I will check out the rally schedule. Nice idea about removing the front bunks.
jsuplick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Posts: 114
Parkliner

Someone mentioned ParkLiner here. I went an looked but it appears they are afraid to post prices???
Does anyone have any idea what a ball park price might be?

Thanks

Mike in NS
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #26
Member
 
Name: Beth
Trailer: Parkliner
Maryland
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead_mike View Post
Someone mentioned ParkLiner here. I went an looked but it appears they are afraid to post prices???
Does anyone have any idea what a ball park price might be?

Thanks

Mike in NS
Last year the base price was 19,900 and includes bathroom with portapotty, stove, microwave, ice box.
Options include things like upgrade to flush toilet, upgrade to refridge, screen door, AC, furnace, bunk bed. I think ours is coming in around 25K. My understanding is the price will be increasing this year.
Doggonehappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggonehappy1 View Post
Last year the base price was 19,900 and includes bathroom with portapotty, stove, microwave, ice box.
Options include things like upgrade to flush toilet, upgrade to refridge, screen door, AC, furnace, bunk bed. I think ours is coming in around 25K. My understanding is the price will be increasing this year.
I had a conversation with management and they are in a major reorganization. They will be setting up 'dealerships' so a person can see what they are getting before putting down 25% or more for a sight unseen unit at a factory somewhere, maybe 1000 miles away, that you will have to go pick up.
You are pretty close on the prices with only a small increase for the new year.
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Posts: 535
Dealerships usually have a significant markup on these units but will often compete for a sale. Shop around.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Dealerships usually have a significant markup on these units but will often compete for a sale. Shop around.
You're right on that one but it's like buying a car, no one ever pays the asking price..lol
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Petit Jean SP Mike Magee Camping, Campout Reports 4 06-18-2015 07:04 AM
Hi! I am Jean Jeanbella Hi, I am.... 10 06-30-2013 05:28 PM
Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas Parker Buckley Camping, Campout Reports 9 06-05-2009 06:08 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.