Hi, I am Karen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: In the market
California
Hi, I am Karen

Looking for an Egg camper or Scamp. We are too tall for the Casita. We have owned trailers in the past, but not for 20 years. We miss camping and would like a used, 16 foot, Egg Camper or Scamp. We live in California and would like to find our dream trailer on the West Coast. If you are ready to part with your beloved trailer, we promise to give it a good home!
beattyknb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #2

Name: Doug
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16, 2011 RAV4 V6
California
Our trailer is not for sale, but I want to caution you about Scamp interior heights. We have a 2014 16 foot Scamp. Scamp referred a guy to come see our trailer. He was 6'3" tall and had to bend over. Thank goodness I'm only 5'6". The guy said that Scamp claims 6'3" headroom. I measured and it is 6'0" in ours, at the highest point.
Doug in Sacramento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #3

Name: Karen
Trailer: In the market
California
Thanks for the warning. I have not been inside a Scamp, but my hubby is probably too tall for a Scamp.
Karen
beattyknb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #4

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
You know, it depends on what you do inside. My DH is 6'4", not including shoes, and had been fine inside our canned ham and scamp ('79, which I think is shorter than moden?) same interior height. He doesn't get to stand up perfectly straight, no, but we dont spend a lot if time standing in our trailer, anyway. He can wash dishes or cook comfortably, as well...usually one doesn't standup straight for either task.
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #5

Name: Fred & Linda
Trailer: Little Joe
Texas
Inside trailer height

Karen - - - you probably aren't interested in a trailer as small as our Little Joe, but I am 6'2" and stand up fine inside it. I think it is listed as 6'2". That is the primary reason we bought it and have not been a bit disappointed in it. I have bumped my head on the vent crank but have learned to avoid it. And the bed is 6-1/2 feet long which is great for me. It runs lengthwise instead of crosswise.

In fact I am writing this in our Little Joe right now in Amarillo Texas on the way back from Silverton Colorado.

. . . . Fred
Fred-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote