Hi! I am Liz - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #1

Name: Liz
Trailer: cruiser RV fun finder
Texas
Hi! I am Liz

Hi!

I am Liz and I travel in an 18-foot funfinder for 2 months or more at a time with my husband and two dogs. I'm not sure this really qualifies as a fiberglass trailer because it has a fiberglass shell but it's not round. I joined because I thought I might have some ideas to share and I'm sure there are ideas here I can learn from.

I have made significant modifications to my camper to make it much more comfortable and usable. My latest was actually adding a washing machine LOL but before this I took out the dinette and build a couch with storage boxes, spill-proof dog water bowl ... lots of other things.

Looking forward to getting some great ideas here!

Liz

2008 189FBR & 2014 FORD F150 :mrgreen: 137 Nights Camping this year
Tons of Free or Inexpensive Mods WackyPup.Blogspot.com
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:37 AM   #2

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you.

Jen
Old 10-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #3

Name: Teresa
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Smile Hi, Liz!

I previously owned a 13' FunFinder. I loved that trailer. I thought it was so beautifully designed. Didn't know it was made of fiberglass. It did develop a leak when I finally sold it. Is it now made of fiberglass? Are you loving it?
terrinolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Hi Liz and welcome. I have been dragging a trailer for 40 + years and Red Green is my hero!
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintyLiz View Post
Hi!

I am Liz and I travel in an 18-foot funfinder for 2 months or more at a time with my husband and two dogs. I'm not sure this really qualifies as a fiberglass trailer because it has a fiberglass shell but it's not round. I joined because I thought I might have some ideas to share and I'm sure there are ideas here I can learn from.

I have made significant modifications to my camper to make it much more comfortable and usable. My latest was actually adding a washing machine LOL but before this I took out the dinette and build a couch with storage boxes, spill-proof dog water bowl ... lots of other things.

Looking forward to getting some great ideas here!

Liz

2008 189FBR & 2014 FORD F150 :mrgreen: 137 Nights Camping this year
Tons of Free or Inexpensive Mods WackyPup.Blogspot.com
Welcome Liz. I want to see your washing machine, if you weren't joking AND your other modifications. We're all looking for ways to improve our rigs.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #6

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
I am VERY interested in your washing machine! Is it one of the combo all in one types? I've had that in our retirement cabin for about 12 yrs now, I have been very satisfied with my 2 last, the Edgestar lasted a decade and I just replaced with a Splendide last month. In 2004 I spent most of the summer without electricity and was fortunate enough to find a washboard at an Ace hardware, they can also be ordered from the factory www.columbuswashboard.com. (I sent one ordered from the factory to my son on his deployment to the sandbox) My wrists are too old to wring anymore, so the Wonderwash (www.compactappliance.com) is sorta too much for me also. I did get a Scrubba last Christmas. I am now interested in the Drumi (www.yirego.com) footpowered washer as you can remove the rinse water and then spin out at least some of the water. So am VERY interested, as some of the other posters said, in pix of your washer!
Old 10-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #7

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
There's a household with a Fun Finder down the street from us. Looking at the manufacturer's web site (http://cruiserrv.com)they appear to be traditional 'stick-built' trailers, using aluminum framework with a fiberglass nose and maybe fiberglass wall panels. They are not molded fiberglass railers. But it it's fine if you want to hang out here, as a great many of the discussions here are relevant to all kinds of travel trailers.

There is an actual Fun Finder Club with forums, here: http://www.funfinderclub.com/forums/

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote