Hi I am... looking for a camper for our new family! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #1

Name: Taryn
Trailer: Currently Shopping
CO
Hi I am... looking for a camper for our new family!

Hello Everyone!
My husband and I live in Leadville, Colorado have been avid campers and roadtrippers for most of our lives but the ability to wing it in the back of our car and/or in a tent changed in 2018 when our daughter was born. She's 2 years old now and a few months ago we borrowed a friend's casita and it changed our lives! It was the first time since she was born that we had FUN on a camping trip! She slept, took naps, we were warm and we had an amazing trip and since then we've been sold! We don't own a fiberglassRV yet but are in the market for a smaller 13-17" trailer with bunk beds for our daughter and the possibility of a second kid.
I'm looking forward to purchasing a trailer in the next few months and am eager to learn from all of you!
Cheers!
Taryn
tmbarrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:24 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Our little Scamp made enthusiastic campers out of my wife and kids, too!

Realize that the 16'ers (Scamp and Casita) have a smaller main bed, only 45" wide. The 17' Casita and 16' Scamp deluxe (wood interior) models have a wider 54" main bed. I'm not sure which Casita you tried out.

We solved the small bed problem in our Scamp by re-arranging. My wife sleeps on the rear dinette with one of the kids (head-to-toe for more room when they got older) and I split the bunks with the other.

Best wishes in your "egg hunt"!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:19 PM   #3

Name: Kate
Trailer: Casita
CA
Hi Colorado family!
I am ready to sell and post my 2014 Casita SD in Northern CA. You would have to create bunk beds with most Casita layouts but it is totally doable. I am selling because I remodeled another trailer. I would live for the Casita to go to someone who loves Casitas! Kate
KM KM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM KM View Post
Hi Colorado family!
I am ready to sell and post my 2014 Casita SD in Northern CA. You would have to create bunk beds with most Casita layouts but it is totally doable. I am selling because I remodeled another trailer. I would live for the Casita to go to someone who loves Casitas! Kate

Here is a great site
And welcome ( we are in lone tree Colorado

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:20 PM   #5

Name: Angela
Trailer: Purchasing Casita Freedom Deluxe
Colorado
Hi! We're in Broomfield, CO!
RockyMountainMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:25 PM   #6

Name: Lauren
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
Colorado
Welcome from Colorado Springs! We love Leadville and often tow our Bigfoot to the BV/Twin Lakes/Leadville area. :-)
Lauren in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #7

Name: Joseph
Trailer: Hymer
Bakersfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbarrette View Post
Hello Everyone!
My husband and I live in Leadville, Colorado have been avid campers and roadtrippers for most of our lives but the ability to wing it in the back of our car and/or in a tent changed in 2018 when our daughter was born. She's 2 years old now and a few months ago we borrowed a friend's casita and it changed our lives! It was the first time since she was born that we had FUN on a camping trip! She slept, took naps, we were warm and we had an amazing trip and since then we've been sold! We don't own a fiberglassRV yet but are in the market for a smaller 13-17" trailer with bunk beds for our daughter and the possibility of a second kid.
I'm looking forward to purchasing a trailer in the next few months and am eager to learn from all of you!
Cheers!
Taryn
Hi I have a new unused 2018 Hymer GT Touring with all the upgraded options I took Delivery brand new and stored it since, I have no plans anytime soon to use it I'm going to sell it or offer it to an RV Dealer
Joee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #8

Name: Eric
Trailer: In the market
North Carolina
tmbarrette,

I will be putting this completely rebuilt 1948 Trotwood on the market in a few weeks: https://www.instagram.com/fleet_rv_restorations/

No bunk, but it could be added.
Fleet Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #9

Name: Kris
Trailer: 13' Scamp (circa 1977)
Minnesota
We got a 13' Scamp trailer circa 1977 when our 2 boys were small and LOVED the move from a tent to a dry, warm cocoon. We live in MN, and took it all over the west in the summers and explored national parks. Kept it up with them until the teenage years. That was 30 years ago and we still love our Scamp. I went through a phase where I used it for get-aways with my friends, and now my husband and I are nearing retirement and are planning all kinds of adventures. Being that old, the Scamp needs TLC every season, but we wouldn't trade it for the world! Fiberglass just lasts and lasts. I look at the new models every once in a while, and think, "nope, I love THIS ONE, wars and all!"
Kristilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #10

Name: Garbonz
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Quote:
Hello Everyone!
Cheers!
Taryn
Well, since you are up in the high country (I am in Denver), I would favor a Bigfoot if you can find one. Verry warm quiet and comfortable. I used to have a Bigfoot truck camper and it was incredible..
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #11

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Welcome from the Parker/SE Aurora area! We started with a little 13 foot Scamp and two young kids after a tent camping style similar to yours! We've since moved up to a larger 16 foot scamp layout 7. We LOVE camping up in the Leadville area. Fiberglass campers are just the best! Good luck to you on your search! Your perfect egg is out there!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:17 PM   #12

CA
Thanks! I sold my Casita to a family looking on this site!
Old 01-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #13

CA
It’s sold!
Old 01-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #14

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Hello Everyone!
Cheers!
Taryn
You can look for or order a Casita Heritage. Only difference between them and A Spirit is the side small dinette was replaced with 2 bunks.

The Spirit Standard is like a Spirit Deluxe, but without a bath room. Up front are a couch or bunk(s).

https://casitatraveltrailers.com/travel-trailers/

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote