Hi, I am Rick and I'm ready to hitch up and go - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: In the market
Florida
Hi, I am Rick and I'm ready to hitch up and go

The problem is, I don't have a trailer yet.

I am a retired engineer, so I appreciate the advantages of these fiberglass trailers. My wife and I would like to get away and see as many of the US national parks as we can.

My search will probably be focused on Casitas, but dreaming of Olivers.

In any case, it is nice to be here.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
You may also want to look at lil snoozy and snoozy 2. They are all fiberglass, including the floor and mounted on a hot dipped galvanized trailer. I bought an empty shell and built the interior myself.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
You may also want to look at lil snoozy and snoozy 2. They are all fiberglass, including the floor and mounted on a hot dipped galvanized trailer. I bought an empty shell and built the interior myself.
Thanks. That's a great idea. I'm certainly up for building anything. I love a good project. It keeps me off the streets. What are they asking for the shell?
Old 08-19-2020, 03:02 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
I bought mine for about $9000 in 2018. It was from the previous owner who screwed over a lot of people. The new owner is Wesco trailers (the people who made the trailers) and I don't know if they are selling shells, but I don't see why they wouldn't. You will have to call shaun for information because the web page is not very good yet. Here is the address https://snoozy2.com/

They have a facebook page that has a bunch of interesting stuff also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2179461572357706/

I am sure you will appreciate the construction.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:13 PM   #5

Florida
I'll check it out. I'm in the process of buying a house now. One of the requirements is space to park a trailer. After that I should have the green light from the wife to get a truck and a trailer. I can't wait to jump into the world of fiberglass campers. Thanks for your help. Another option I considered was getting a camper that had seen better days, gutting it and rebuilding the inside up to 2020 luxury standards. I would probably put in a new axle and lift it. I need to do the cost analysis, the fun analysis and the frustration analysis. The wife is looking to go camping soon, so I'll have to do the "keeping the wife happy" analysis, the most important of them all. I'm looking forward to this being a good time and end up something I'll be proud to pull into a campground.