Hi I Am Stacey - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2021, 02:31 PM   #1

Name: Stacey
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Red face Hi I Am Stacey

I'm a small camper trailer enthusiast, but still have to figure out which one I would like to purchase. The Lil' Snoozy caught my eye, even though I've been more interested in the Teardrop campers over the years. We did have a pop-up camper, but sold it about 5 years ago because my hubby didn't like having to set it up when we camped. We are still looking, and we live in CA, so I'm willing to drive to neighboring states, but not across country. The price range would be around $15k.
Staceroonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:30 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceroonie View Post
I'm a small camper trailer enthusiast, but still have to figure out which one I would like to purchase. The Lil' Snoozy caught my eye, .
Are you aware that Lil' Snoozy is all electric unless it's been converted to propane, so you'll be stuck in RV parks with hookups.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Little Snoozy closed down a couple of years ago. https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-manufact...omers-hanging/

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Stacey!

I'd previously owned pop-up trailers, and we were looking for one about ten years ago when we stumbled on our small 13' Scamp (10' cabin). It is definitely less roomy that a tent trailer, but when the wind howls and the rain pours, you just can't beat four solid walls.

Compared to a teardrop, there's also a lot to be said for being able to stand up while dressing, and for an inside galley and dining table out of the rain and wind.

For our family of 4, we have the classic layout with a convertible sofa/bunk in front, small (45") double dinette/ bed at the back, and center galley/closet. For two people, Scamp makes a version with a wet bath and closet in place of the front sofa. They also make a version with a wider bed at the back (smaller galley and closet). Weight typically ranges from 1500-2000# depending on options and gear. ​

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding the classic layout under $15K, but the full bath version will be harder.

Snoozy is a great trailer, quite a bit larger and roomier than the Scamp with a queen-size bed, but with the big (all-electric) limitation Glenn mentions. Some owners have added propane for off-grid heat, hot water, and/or cooking. The alternative, where permitted, is a generator. I'd say most are selling for over $15K these days. As Charlie notes, the original company went belly-up a few years ago (taking a lot of buyer deposits with it). It's my understanding their fiberglass shell manufacturer bought the assets and has brought it back as the Snoozy 2.

Keep your eyes open and see what turns up. Best wishes in your search!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:13 AM   #5

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
One thing to consider is that the “full sized bed” in many is barely wider than a twin! We looked at a couple before settling on our Compact II. Every trailer has compromises, just make sure you’ll be happy with them!
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #6

Name: Joe
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Snoozy

Snoozy is alive and well under new ownership. www.snoozy2.com
We enjoy our 2014 Snoozy that we took to Alaska in 2015. Now have over 54,000 miles on it. A solar panel mounted on brackets above the door, plus a 125 AH Lithium Ion battery, keeps the TruckFridge and accessories running all the time. We use a butane stove for cooking.
Joe E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:55 PM   #7

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Are you aware that Lil' Snoozy is all electric unless it's been converted to propane, so you'll be stuck in RV parks with hookups.

Funny thing..most of us Snoozy owners are not stuck in campgrounds with hookups..You can use all the propane you need from the small camping bottles and not be subject to gas leaks or have those big holes in the side of your trailer. Different strokes.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:07 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Sounds like you have money to burn.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 5.06.22 PM.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 07:39 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Have a friend with a Snoozy. They use a 20 lb propane tank for their heating/cooking needs. Just not permanently installed on the tongue.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #10

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Welcome, Stacey!

I'd previously owned pop-up trailers, and we were looking for one about ten years ago when we stumbled on our small 13' Scamp (10' cabin). It is definitely less roomy that a tent trailer, but when the wind howls and the rain pours, you just can't beat four solid walls.

Compared to a teardrop, there's also a lot to be said for being able to stand up while dressing, and for an inside galley and dining table out of the rain and wind.

For our family of 4, we have the classic layout with a convertible sofa/bunk in front, small (45") double dinette/ bed at the back, and center galley/closet. For two people, Scamp makes a version with a wet bath and closet in place of the front sofa. They also make a version with a wider bed at the back (smaller galley and closet). Weight typically ranges from 1500-2000# depending on options and gear. ​

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding the classic layout under $15K, but the full bath version will be harder.

Snoozy is a great trailer, quite a bit larger and roomier than the Scamp with a queen-size bed, but with the big (all-electric) limitation Glenn mentions. Some owners have added propane for off-grid heat, hot water, and/or cooking. The alternative, where permitted, is a generator. I'd say most are selling for over $15K these days. As Charlie notes, the original company went belly-up a few years ago (taking a lot of buyer deposits with it). It's my understanding their fiberglass shell manufacturer bought the assets and has brought it back as the Snoozy 2.

Keep your eyes open and see what turns up. Best wishes in your search!
The new company making Snoozy 2 is owned by Wesco. They are the company that made the frame for Lil Snoozy.

Lil Snoozies are selling for 19-25K. I have a friend who sold his 2016 for 25k last week.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:32 AM   #11

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping
Florida
Samsclub multipack cheap enough for 1 pound gas cans.
I don't own a snoozy, but our camping style we never run heater and 90% of propane used is by the refrigerator. For us its the fridge, long runs with no power is the norm
PatrickTXFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:24 AM   #12

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Looking to purchase
Arizona
Hello Stacy
Have you checked out the Meerkat? Its sold from Little Guy Trailers in San Diego. We bought ours in 2017. We needed a camper that was light weight, this one is 900 lbs. I also needed something I could hook up and take care of on my own. I didn't want to have much upkeep. This one has a pump sink, porta potty, no brakes, no winterizing. It can fit in our garage. We boondock and use campsites. The electric for lights is battery that charges while your driving. Its set up for solar power if you want that. It has an over head fan and when its cold we either use a little buddy propane heater or plug in for a small electric heater. The top pops up for extra head room. I like that we can cook inside on our camp stove if we had to. It can come with a small fridge but we chose to have that space as a cabinet and use a good cooler for food.
I'm over 60 and can do all the set up/take down by myself. My husband is 5ft10 and has no problem standing without the top up. We found so many good things about it though we did give up air conditioning and shower and all the stuff that makes it heavy and more things to take care of. Its simple and comfortable. Hope you check it out!
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:58 AM   #13

Name: Jason
Trailer: Scamp
California
Hi Stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceroonie View Post
I'm a small camper trailer enthusiast, but still have to figure out which one I would like to purchase. The Lil' Snoozy caught my eye, even though I've been more interested in the Teardrop campers over the years. We did have a pop-up camper, but sold it about 5 years ago because my hubby didn't like having to set it up when we camped. We are still looking, and we live in CA, so I'm willing to drive to neighboring states, but not across country. The price range would be around $15k.
I wish I had found this forum before purchasing my Scamp - it would've saved me a great deal of time. We had a Starcraft Starliner pop-up for 2 years and we sold it 6 months into the pandemic for a premium (after I completely overhauled it). We held onto the cash until I won an auction on ebay for a 16' Scamp. Took me almost a year, but now it's ~95% there. We live in the SF Bay area and were looking as far as Indiana. I think your luck in finding something will go up as we go into the winter. Keep in touch and let us know what you decided on!
Sincerely,
Jason B
jbodenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:42 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Name: Shaun
Trailer: Snoozy II Camper
South Carolina
Snoozy II is for sure up and running and I am available to answer any questions. We build a great product as did Lil Snoozy but our unit is a little different. We may be out of your price range as most units are selling in the $32-34 range. I have seen some Lil Snoozy's out there selling for the $20-25 range so just keep an eye out. If you get one any less than that there may be some issues with it.

Shaun @ Snoozy II 803-600-4412 Shaun@wescotrailers.net
ShaunSnoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:22 PM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Lil Snoozy is back in business. The cost of all fiberglass trailers has gone up a lot. We almost bought one. They are well made. We ended up with a Casita. After camping for a couple of years for us it would have been a big mistake to have all-electric. We do not use propane much but when we did it was nice to have it. When we ordered our Casita we ordered everything but the microwave ( cheaper to buy one at Walmart ). My attitude is it's better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it. For example, we have never used our awning. We had a soft start installed on the AC. This allowed us to use a 2000 Watt champion small generator that runs on Gas & Propane. Propane will last 16 hours and is easier to carry than gas. Whatever you decide you will enjoy it. Wish you the best.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy