Hi I am Suzy! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Name: Suzy
Trailer: in le market!
West Malling
Hi I am Suzy!

Hi I am Suzy and I live and work in the UK. I'm really interested in buying a scamp and quitting my day job in order to live a more nomadic lifestyle - however, there are very few Scamps in the UK and it is horrrrrrendously expensive to get them shipped. Let me know if you spot any for sale over here - or you wanna post one over here.

I'm 21 and have very little experience with the nomadic lifestyle and travelling, i guess that means that over and above the scamp I would love some advise on anything and everything!
suzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Suzy
That's an interesting plan, but I think you should broaden your search a bit. There are more than one brand of molded fiberglass trailers that would suit you about as well as a Scamp. There are several over here, but also a couple of european brands.
I wish you luck in your hunt. There are some Brits on the forum here and hopefully one of them will pop up to help you. It would have been helpful to have something like UK in your subject line to alert them to look at this thread.

Walt
Old 04-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #3

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Here's a guy over in the UK that refurbished a European RV and has pictures on Flickr. Maybe you could get in touch with him for some info. Something else to keep in mind is that our AC voltage here ishttps://www.flickr.com/photos/151454283@N06/ 120/240 volts at 60 hz where over there its 240 volts at 50 hz.