Hi - I’m Jaque - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #1

Name: Jaque
Trailer: Oliver
Idaho
Hi - I’m Jaque

My trailer will be an Oliver Elite II. I take delivery in September. I don’t even have a hull number yet, but it is going to be an awesome Boondocking trailer. I even got a composting toilet of all things. Looking forward to trying it out in Arizona in September. I have to luck it up in Tennessee and haul it back west.
Jaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #2

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Jaque....

Welcome to this FGRV forum! Your description indicates you're waiting for quite a unit. All that anticipation probably has you antsy, so why not lay out the jaunt homeward to represent your 1st tour with stops? The planning often makes the trip so much more rewarding!

Hope to meet you somewhere down the road.

Frank
NASA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Hi Jaque and welcome to the forum!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #4

Idaho
Yes Frank, you’re right. I am currently spending hours on Amazon ordering all the stuff I think I need to trick it out. Probably don’t need half of that stuff. I’m retiring in 924 days (but who’s counting). Can’t wait to spend time in all the places I had to pass through in my travels. Thanks for the welcome. See you down the road. Jaque
Old 04-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #5

Registry
Oliver Forum

Hi Jaque, you should come over and join the Oliver Forum. All your specific Oliver questions can be asked and answered there.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/recent-topics/
Steve Outlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:35 PM   #6

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Hi Jaque, you should come over and join the Oliver Forum. All your specific Oliver questions can be asked and answered there.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/recent-topics/
Oh I am on the Oliver Forum. I asked a lot of questions when I was deciding on the Oliver. And I have asked a few more to decide on options and to decide what to buy for it. Now, I’m mostly waiting for the actual Oliver. I’ll have more questions then. One of the things that decided me on the Oliver was how generous the other owners were with their knowledge on that forum. I will never feel alone with that resource to call on. It really is amazing. I will look forward to answering questions on down the road. Have to give back. Jaque
Old 04-02-2019, 02:45 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
we took the approach of buying a inexpensive but clean used casita 16, and using it for a couple years.... it took me to a bunch of astronomy campout events, we took it to 4 or so multiday music festivals, up to the eclipse in oregon then on to the olympic peninsula...

and we decided after a couple-3 years it was just a little too small. so we scored a 2nd hand escape 21 ... I almost feel guilty in something so big when I'm solo, but its really nice when its both of us. the bed is 10X more comfortable for the two of us than the Casita, the big fridge + propane oven really make it, but its got so much storage....

we're very happy. somewhere in there, we trade dthe Tacoma TRD Offroad 4L V6 4x4 for a F250 7.3 diesel longbed, hah!
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:13 AM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I think if I was full time traveling, I'd want a small motor-home, and a small dinghy car, like a Miata. but as I'm part time traveling, rarely more than a couple weeks, the Escape 21 is doing us just fine. the overkill F250 longbed tow truck does double duty as my astronomy gear hauler, and a home-and-garden hauler, just the other day I needed to tow a 4000 lb backhoe on a 2000 lb trailer, with a pintle hook and surge brakes. F250 7.3 diesel didn't even blink. it would have been way overload for the Tacoma.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:43 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Jacque!

Don’t know you could do much better than an Oliver for boondocking at any price. I met John Oliver in front of our local supermarket last year with one of the smaller Elite units. He was doing some hunting and boondocking in the Southwest, something I learned he does regularly. I got the impression he designed his trailers for the kind of camping he likes to do, not just fill a “market niche.”

Great guy, great company, great trailer. Congratulations!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Jacque, you are getting a great boondocking trailer! We’ve thoroughly enjoyed ours for several years now. See you on the road... Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaque View Post
Oh I am on the Oliver Forum...

Sorry Jaque, I had searched for this user name there and did not find you listed as such. My apologies.
Steve Outlaw is online now   Reply With Quote