Hi, I’m Sylvie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 AM   #1

Name: Sylvie
Trailer: Trillium
St-hippolyte
Hi, I’m Sylvie

Hello everybody! I’m new to this forum. I am reading and learning all about FG trailers thanks to this great site. I live in the Montreal region, Québec (Canada) and am looking for a trillium or boler ! Have a nice day :-)
SylvieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: I started with a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.I now have a 2015, Dynamax DX3-37RV Super-C diesel puller
Box Elder, SD (formerly of Long Island, NY)
Welcome SylvieK! Eileen Glick at Love My Casita has written a GREAT guide for Casita fiberglass "eggs". Much of the information in said book applies to fiberglass trailers in general. The book pretty well covers the "care & feeding" of "egg" trailers and, you can learn about buying used and new "eggs", repairs, modifications and general operations. When I bought my copy, I believe it cost ~ $30; money VERY well spent.
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #3

Name: George
Ontario
Registry
Hi Silvie, welcome to the forum. I am a retired man and live in Toronto and have a T4500 which is the slightly larger Trillium and has a Queen size bed. Not sure how much camping you are used to, but that experience would help. You need to know how many people you need to accommodate and what kind of bathroom facilities you need? Also what vehicle you plan on using as tow vehicle as that will dictate some of your decisions. You have to realize that if you plan on getting a used trailer, many of them are now 45 years old, and that includes all of the interior like the mattresses, seat covers, stove, fridge and furnace. These RV's don't have sturdy frames and were not meant to be stored outdoors and deal with the snow load of Canadian winters. I have not used mine in the last 3 years due to several unforeseen events. Good luck in choosing and finding the right one for you.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #4

Name: Sylvie
St-hippolyte
Thanks! I have a Subaru Outback, can tow 3500lbs. I have visited a few trilliums, haven’t found one in good shape yet. I’m not fast enough to catch the good ones, they sell fast ! I know about the age thing, frame axle and windows are things I look at. Also making sure the wood sandwiched in there isn’t rotten/soft. I INSPECT with a hygrometer, helps be detect those problems.
SylvieK is offline   Reply With Quote