Hi, I'm... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Name: Adam
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Talking Hi, I'm...

Hey, I'm Adam and I live in Seattle, WA. My wife and I just bought our first trailer (2001 13' Scamp - bunks/no bath) about a month ago. Tent camping with our two little ones (4yo boy, 1yo girl) had just become too much trouble. The Scamp has already made things easier for us. We've been out with it twice so far - a 1-nighter right after we bought, and a 5-nighter with 3 days of true boondocking last week. We're planning to head out again for a couple nights next week.

I do have a couple of questions we could use some help with right off the bat:

1) The screen door frame has detached from the lip on the inside of the front (right) side it was mounted to. I've posted a thread with pics here:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ard-93278.html

2) This may be a stupid question, but how do I power my devices via the 120v outlets if they only work on shore power? Our battery runs 12v appliances we (fridge (though I'd rather run of the propane) and lights). As I understand it, the Parallax Power Supply Model 6730D Power Converter we have simply converts shore power to recharge our battery (a brand-new Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 24M Deep Cycle Marine/RV). So, how do I get 12v DC power to my 120v AC power sockets? Seem like I need an inverter. How do other people power their devices while boondocking?? We don't need much - just enough to power a couple of cell phone and maybe my 4 year old's tablet.

I'd appreciate any insight you guys can offer. We've already found so much knowledge on these forums! Thank you!

-Adam
WildScamp is offline   Reply With Quote