Hi, I'm Alex, from Long Island NY. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #1

Name: Alex
Trailer: amerigo
New York
Hi, I'm Alex, from Long Island NY.

My friend Max and I recently bought an Amerigo FG-16, in great condition, from a guy who used it over a few years to go camping with his family. For as nice as it is, it needs some work to meet our needs.

We already removed the ridiculous swinging bunk over the dining conversion, it was so heavy and bulky and totally useless to us. It will be replaced with additional cabinet space.

I want to install a water heater and a pressuring tank by the F/W tank (only a pump right now, which pulses for an unknown (possibly no pressure tank) reason). And this segues into the final major issue.

The bathroom was never finished. We bought it with a bucket with a seat in there, literally. I want to go a step further and make it a shower also. Max says he knows a guy who may be able to make a "shower sleeve", whatever that is, for it. Well probably want community help selecting a toilet thing to install there as well.

So that's us and our camper, and we'll try to document repairs and improvements through this forum site. Thanks everyone, happy camping!
Nikoliss13 is offline   Reply With Quote