Hi I'm Arlene303 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2021, 08:46 PM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
How about the Relic Camper, are they still in business. The website is up. They advertise the weight as 1000 lb and the trailer can be custom ordered as you want. For those that don't know their story; a few years ago a set of molds and a few incomplete trailers were discovered in an old warehouse. They had been there since the 60's. Someone bought it all and is now building the campers. I didn't do any research as to prices or if the company is still in operation, but I did find their website.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #22

Name: Christopher
Trailer: In the market for Fiberglass Trailer
ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlene303 View Post
Hi I'm Arlene303, interested in a light 12-13' fiberglass camper trailer 900-1100 lbs best, not a teardrop, we can pull with a 2.5L Subaru Outback. We have a 21 year old Ford F150 truck but want the trailer light so in a jam we can pull it with Subaru Outback. No popup, no A frame, no tear drop. Light is key, so maybe a 13' Scamp or Burro. Used great.

I've priced out 6x12' aluminum trailers like trailersplus in colorado springs over the past month, but would rather have lightweight fiberglass. 14-15' is too long. 13' Casitas at 1800 lbs is too heavy. Really want to avoid expensive mfr appliances by installing my own 12v fridge, my own Ivation portable shower, my own wave3, and my own cassette toilet, my own microwave, my own induction cooker, and my own solar, my own mattress, so we don't mind gutting an older fiberglass trailer to build from scratch, but we'd prefer to have a fiberglass shell with insulation, bed frame, fiberglass cabinets and stub outs. Don't need outside black, grey or fresh water tanks for cold in colorado. And I'd prefer to install my own larger sink and faucet but it all depends on condition of trailer. LilSnoozy looks heavy, and website wants me to install add ons to look at their site, so sorry I won't do that. No popup, no a frame. Please suggest other camp trailers that are light other than Scamp or Burro, knowing that Casitas is too heavy, thanks!
Hi Arlene
I have the same tow vehicle and needs.
Best option
Taylor Coach - model 10 Dyl- Dry weight 950 lbs. These trailers are aluminum, dimensions 10 ft long x 6.6 ft wide x 6 ft 4 in interior height. Sleeps 4,. Has standard electric brakes.
Located close to Toronto Ontario in Millgrove, Ontario
They’ve been in business for 50 years. Loyal following including many Subaru owners..
Last forever. No dealers. Price US$12,000 based on current exchange rate. 2 year wait.
Many Customers from all over the US. Occasionally you will find a used model in the US.
othskiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by othskiracer View Post
Hi Arlene
I have the same tow vehicle and needs.
Best option
Taylor Coach... These trailers are aluminum...
Only the outer skin is aluminum. They are a classic (and well-executed) "sticks-and-tin" build. From their website...
https://taylorcoach.com/youtube/
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #24

ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Only the outer skin is aluminum. They are a classic (and well-executed) "sticks-and-tin" build. From their website...
https://taylorcoach.com/youtube/
Jon,
Well executed is correct.
YouTube videos showing much detail of materials used, framing, and construction.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #25

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Being that you are in Colorado, you may want to look for a used Little Joe. They were made in Henderson, Colorado until recently and I think most of them were sold West of the Mississippi. They are a solid trailer and tow well behind a small car.

We tow ours, a 2008 with the 2014 2.5 Outback. You would want to check your Outback owners manual for your towing limits. One important point; the 2014 models like ours had an increased towing weight, 2700 lb, if the trailer was equipped with brakes. I recommend brakes in any case. Our trailer loaded comes in about 1760 lbs.

I'm sure it's been said already, but be leery of weights. The listed weights are usually for a base model before accessories are added.

You can look at the current version, the third iteration of the Litehouse/Little Joe here: http://gobecampers.com/

They are said to be building the trailer with the same molds with some modifications.

Good luck in your search. Have the money ready when you go look at used trailers, and be ready to strike fast because fiberglass trailers sell quickly. Ask anyone here.

Last but not least, you can see a floor plan of the Little Joe here.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #26

Name: Annie
Trailer: 1982 Cadet
Ontario
Cadet Trailers are about 800 lbs. and they are very small about 13ft. Long.
Annie in ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #27

ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie in ontario View Post
Cadet Trailers are about 800 lbs. and they are very small about 13ft. Long.
I think the Cadet are great but aren’t they hard to come by?
Old 04-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #28

Name: Annie
Trailer: 1982 Cadet
Ontario
Yes they are rare now. I have a 1982 Cadet. At the moment I’m trying to find a window (in dining area) to replace one that is broken. It is near impossible to find one out there. I think I can get one ordered from Europe, but I’m not going to do that. I Might try for a custom made one. Anyone have suggestions? Annie
Annie in ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #29

Name: Jonny
Trailer: Happier Camper
California
Just came back from a nice trip along the California coast pulling a Happier Camper HC1 with a Subaru Outback with no problems. We were not super loaded but did have two teenagers in the back seat along with all our food and gear. Dry wt is 1100 lbs.
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:32 PM   #30

Name: Jonny
Trailer: Happier Camper
California
HC1 and Subaru Outback

Just came back from a nice trip along the California coast pulling a Happier Camper HC1 with a Subaru Outback with no problems. We were not super loaded but did have two teenagers in the back seat along with all our food and gear. Dry wt is 1100 lbs.
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote