Hi, I'm Bill from North Carolina - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner 2013
North Carolina
Hi, I'm Bill from North Carolina

Hello all. We are Nancy & Bill Berry and live in Charlotte, NC. We are retired and love to travel with our little camper and will continue to do so as long as it is physically possible for us.

We own a 2013 ParkLiner and our tow vehicle is a 2012 Frontier. We have been long-time tenting campers but ultimately felt the need for something more substantial, easier to set up and off of the hard ground. A rainy week in Acadia NP in the spring of 2012 using a small tent 100 yards from the latrine convinced us that the shine had worn off the glamor of tenting. Looking for something substantial but simple, we began looking at pop-ups and teardrops and ultimately found this forum. It helped our search and over the past three years I have been a frequent visitor and have learned a lot. Many thanks to all of you.

In late March 2013 we took delivery of our brand-new ParkLiner and acquired a slightly used 2012 Frontier as a tow. We love our camper and have experienced many of the new product issues reported by others on the forum. We have been to Florida and New England and, in 2014 embarked on a 13,500 mile trip which included a lot of the western US, the Canadian Rockies and Alaska (where our daughter and her family live.) On that trip we spent 65 straight days in the ParkLiner and, most incredibly, our marriage emerged intact.

Now, the ParkLiner camper is being resurrected by a new owner with a new factory. I am excited enough by this new development to finally join the FiberglassRV forum. We look forward to meeting more of you guys
on the road.

Best regards to all,
Bill & Nancy Berry
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1803.jpg   DSCF1285.jpg  

Bill Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome from out of the shadows, Bill and Nancy!

Beautiful couple… in both pictures!

I think many are excited by the prospect of new life at Parkliner. They offer some unique features that are simply not available from any other manufacturer.

Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #3

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
hello! Dear son and family live in NC. I may see your Parkliner around sometime during visits.
As a former ultralight camper, including backpacking and 4 trips with my Boy Scout troop to the Northern Tier Canoe High Adventure bases, where my personal gear was limited to what I could pack in a 5 gallon bucket, including sleeping bag and air mattress, I saw no problems whatsoever with the Parkliner, which Tom very kindly showed me a couple weeks ago. I really, really liked their willingness to customize with the customer...
That said, I will have 3-4 fur babies and a husband who believes in packing EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink with me...(He promised to travel with me after retirement- I've been retired since 6/1/2014) It just didn't look like a good fit for the whole family.
I'm planning on not only using the cargo hatch on my Lil Snoozy for storage, but also for kitty litter boxes and kitty bedding. This forum is a great resource and I am so happy to have stubled across it- in fact, this forum is how I discovered the Parkliner and Lil Snoozy in the first place!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Hi, retired to and taking my 16`scamp on a few trips. Enjoyed a trip to NC last spring and a trip to VA Beach in the fall. Then hit some state campgrounds in PA. Will be hitting a lot in PA and NY. As soon as my dog and I are better, my dog is nursing a rear leg injury and I am waiting for cataract surgery, wife says i`m next. Good luck and welcome. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Bill & Nancy, welcome to the FGRV forum family. We have been traveling for months at a time to escape the last 3 Arizona summers. We had been using a 13' Scamp, but after retiring the wife wanted a bathroom, so in 2014 we purchased a new Lil Snoozy and have been catching up with old friends and family. Happy Trails and hope our paths will cross sometime.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:21 AM   #6

Name: Bill
Trailer: Oliver
North Carolina
Bill & Nancy,

Great photos and camping adventures. We live in Denver, NC, not to far from you.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #7

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Bill and Nancy - we are transplanted NC folk now living in Alabama due to family needs. I really, really miss NC and the familiar places, but needs must. We got a Lil Snoozy in 2013 and used it a lot the first year. Then moving intervened and we have not been out it in for a year. Now we are getting it set up to move - plan a short trip in 2 weeks (yesterday I put out the new bedding and clean towels - getting ready)! We are like you in being retired and want to go as long as we can. Maybe our paths will cross some time. Best wishes to you and all the other North Carolinians out there.
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #8

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Bill and Nancy. You guys have been to a lot of places already! I could really relate to your tent camping story. Been there, done that! We try so hard to convince our still-tenting friends to join us in the comforts of having a little trailer but so far only one couple has made the jump (to an Escape 19). Happy trails to you and hope you will be able to enjoy many more fun adventures with your Parkliner. I'm also glad the company is being revised.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote