Hi I'm Cheri..leaving the land of the Rpod and coming back home to a fiberglass ....? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #1

Name: cheri
Trailer: In the market
Oregon
Hi I'm Cheri..leaving the land of the Rpod and coming back home to a fiberglass ....?

Not sure what I'm getting yet, but shopping in the Pacific NORTHWEST for just the right one
CherieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Hi Cheri,
Welcome back...sounds like you had a molded fiberglass rv before?
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #3

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Hi I'm Cheri..leaving the land of the Rpod and coming back home to a fibergla...

Welcome back! Hope you find the perfect egg.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
The one with your name on it is out there some where.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #5

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Cheri,

Welcome back! Hey, Laura and I purchased our first RV in November (a new to us '05 Casita 17' FD). Prior to getting hooked on FG egg campers, we were looking at a number of stickies (rigs around 20' and under). We were considering an R-Pod. My brother is now considering a travel trailer. He wants a bit more room than our Casita. I am working on him to go egg camper, but he is considering rigs 20' to 26' or so feet, including an R-Pod. What was your experience with your R-Pod?

Thanks,

Dean
Old 01-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #6

Name: Linda
Trailer: inTech
Kansas
I, too, would be most interested in your R-pod experience!
lrb945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #7

Name: George
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
Continuing Irb945's post........and so would I! Thinking of buying a travel trailer in 2017. R-pod seems to have a lot of problems, according to online comments. Why do you want to go back to an egg? Best of luck to you in your search.
George in New Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #8

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
We also went from a Trillium, to an Rpod, to an even bigger stickie and back to a Trillium again, so welcome back to the group.

It was nice to be warmly welcomed back at a couple of fibrelgass events we attended this year.

To answer some of the questions about R-pods, we enjoyed the trailer but found it hard for our tow vehicle (a Ford Escape V6) to tow it as its much higher than a Trillium and has as much windage as any full size trailer, despite its teardrop shape. We got ours when they first came out in 2009, before there were any models with slide outs. If I was to get one again, I would get one with a slide out, I think. We find that the size of our Trillium 4500 just suits us better. We can tow it with a 4cyl suv instead of a full size pickup. Of course we miss having hot showers, a toilet and a big fridge and freezer, but we don't miss the gas bills. We didn't find the trailer to be of any better or worse quality than any other. In fact, it was our first new trailer, so we quite enjoyed not having to fix things, compared to our previous and current old trailers.

By the way, there is a also a very active and friendly group of Rpod owners who also organize meets, just as with fibreglass trailers - we are all campers after all. We still keep in touch with a few of the people we met there too.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Registry
Welcome Cherie.......we looked at Rpods also..you know you made the right choice now

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 AM   #10

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Trails West
Texas
R-Pods

Hello all,
I sometimes camp with my mother in an R-Pod. We purchased a 2011 with no slide, a (barely) used model and have not had a single issue with it in 3 yrs. Makes me scratch my head when I hear about R-Pod problems! It's a good setup for the two of us with the nice bathroom she wanted, but we need her big V6 Chevy to tow it. I like the 6 ft width (same as vehicle) so we can use our regular side rear-view mirrors,
I much prefer my little Campster...simple, easy to tow with my 4-cylinder, no winterizing necessary, store in my garage right here at the house and just get up and go anytime. When mom decides she has had enough of camping (is that possible?!) I'll let y'all know when it's for sale.
Cathy in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #11

Name: Charlie
Trailer: "In the market"
North Carolina
Looking for a fiberglass tt

I am in the market for a fiberglass tt ,does anybody know if any dealership in NC sell these unit.
Thanks Charlie
Clong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #12

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
I also looked seriously at an RPod before buying the Escape. Nice little trailer, very tempting. But I didn't like the add-on (sticking out) fenders. They looked like they'd be easy to damage. And I think weight was a factor as well. Then I chose not to have a bathroom in the Escape (which has never been a problem for me) to gain more living space.
There are always many factors that sway people's decisions...
Old 01-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #13

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clong View Post
I am in the market for a fiberglass tt ,does anybody know if any dealership in NC sell these unit.
Thanks Charlie
Molded fiberglass trailers are all sold factory direct. Closest factory to you would be Lil Snoozy in St. Matthews SC. Parkliner should be back into production by late spring or early summer, and they will be in NC. Then there's Oliver in TN, Scamp in MN, and Casita in TX.

If you want to see a particular brand, start a new thread asking if anyone near you has one they'd like to show. Someone here might be close by. Or the factory can often refer you to a nearby owner who's agreed to show their unit.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:21 PM   #14

Trailer: 1986 Cadet
Also want to move RPod back to Fibreglass

My husband was very broad across the shoulders, I picked up a Cadet, he hated it so we sold and went for an RPod, he passed away from a fast cancer two years later. I have two teens left at home and I still prefer fibreglass - Cadet, Boler... over the 2010 RPod I have. I hate sleeping in a tent, but don’t need the EVERYTHING that comes with the RPod; satellite (never used), convection microwave (barely used), the DVD/TV still has the wrapping on it. I owned a Boler many years ago and loved it, then we had a Cadet for a few months. If anyone wants to trade... I’m having some work done on the RPod then will be listing it so I can get serious about a Cadet, Boler...
Gwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:56 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
My husband was very broad across the shoulders, I picked up a Cadet, he hated it so we sold and went for an RPod, he passed away from a fast cancer two years later. I have two teens left at home and I still prefer fibreglass - Cadet, Boler... over the 2010 RPod I have. I hate sleeping in a tent, but don’t need the EVERYTHING that comes with the RPod; satellite (never used), convection microwave (barely used), the DVD/TV still has the wrapping on it. I owned a Boler many years ago and loved it, then we had a Cadet for a few months. If anyone wants to trade... I’m having some work done on the RPod then will be listing it so I can get serious about a Cadet, Boler...
I wish you luck on your transition; it's a good time to sell but hard to find a used glass trailer as they sell so fast ( within a day or so of listing) so you'll need LOTS of patience and persistence. Check all of the classified tabs on the brand forums you're interested in. More reliable and safer than Craigslist, beware of scams there.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin