Hi, I'm definitely a newbie here and to this concept of camping - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
member
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,892
When in the midwest, by all means stop by Scamp's facility in Minnesota.
__________________

Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Roger C H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Posts: 2,208
Registry
Cool You could do a little shopping on your trip!

Here is a list of manufacturers that may be on or close to your way. You can decide if you want to swing by or not.

Little Joe - Henderson, Colorado 80640 - http://www.weiscrafttrailers.com/contactus.html

Scamp - 507 State 371 NW, Backus, MN 56435 - http://www.scamptrailers.com/Showroom.aspx

EggCamper - 3055 DIVISION SW GRANDVILLE, MI 49418 - LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER

Oliver Travel Trailers, 609 Swan Ave, Hohenwald, IN - olivertraveltrailers.com - Home of the Oliver Legacy

Park Liner, Inc., 106 Railroad Ave Suite G, Gibsonville, NC 27249 - http://www.parkliner.com/contact-park-liner-camper-trailers/

(North Carolina may not be too far from your destination in PA.)

These are the ones that are not too far from your probable path to PA.
Not going to Slippery Rock are you? LOL

There are other mfgrs in BC (Escape), CA (Trillium), TX (Casita), GA (Lil Snoozy).

Have a good trip.
__________________

__________________
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Here is a list of manufacturers that may be on or close to your way. You can decide if you want to swing by or not.

Little Joe - Henderson, Colorado 80640 - http://www.weiscrafttrailers.com/contactus.html

Scamp - 507 State 371 NW, Backus, MN 56435 - http://www.scamptrailers.com/Showroom.aspx

EggCamper - 3055 DIVISION SW GRANDVILLE, MI 49418 - LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER

Oliver Travel Trailers, 609 Swan Ave, Hohenwald, IN - olivertraveltrailers.com - Home of the Oliver Legacy

Park Liner, Inc., 106 Railroad Ave Suite G, Gibsonville, NC 27249 - http://www.parkliner.com/contact-park-liner-camper-trailers/

(North Carolina may not be too far from your destination in PA.)

These are the ones that are not too far from your probable path to PA.
Not going to Slippery Rock are you? LOL

There are other mfgrs in BC (Escape), CA (Trillium), TX (Casita), GA (Lil Snoozy).

Have a good trip.
Hey thanks for this info. I'm liking the looks of the ParkLiner, but of course I'd need to buy that new since it's new. Price is right though. So far the contenders without actually being able to step foot in one would be the Scamp and Casita but the ParkLiner is in there I think. Don't know about the EggCamper. I've already kicked out the Little Joe and the CA companies and Olivers not building right now it looks like.

Data overload. Time to rest.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Ron
Trailer: 13' Scamp Deluxe 2007
Iowa
Posts: 171
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
It would seem that the best thing for you to do would be continue your research, pick out a couple of the fiberglass trailers that interest you, visit the factories, then order exactly what you want after being able to actually look at the units and evaluate the options. You'd do no less if you were looking for a new home, don't short cut this process as it is the equivalent of your next home. Pick the exact unit with the options you need and want! Good luck, Ron
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
It would seem that the best thing for you to do would be continue your research, pick out a couple of the fiberglass trailers that interest you, visit the factories, then order exactly what you want after being able to actually look at the units and evaluate the options. You'd do no less if you were looking for a new home, don't short cut this process as it is the equivalent of your next home. Pick the exact unit with the options you need and want! Good luck, Ron
Sage advice. I definitely intend to visit a couple factories and look. Knowing how I think I will probably end up ordering a new one simply because I like NEW.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Borden's Avatar
 
Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Posts: 1,027
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Hello and welcome to my state of confusion.
Don't need a lot of space. I'm used to cramped quarters Don't need things (except my computer & cell phone). Thinking about a 13'er or maybe 16'. Needs a toilet/shower since I plan to full time in it. Browsed the Internet looking at Casita, Scamps, Burro's and not any further ahead of the game. I'll be towing with a 2008 GMC Acadia with tow package so I don't think any of those will be a problem.

Perhaps I should actually post this someplace other than the Welcome area but just trying to get some direction.

Hey, thanks in advance and I'm liking what I see here.

Hope to soon be on the road.

Cheers.
Nick
The 17' boler has a washroom and some have hot water with a combo shower/toilet. They come in SG side gaucho and RG rear gaucho (couch/bed combo) I like the rear better but it is a mater of choice and weight stock. Trailer weights; very light ranging from 2162 lbs to 2560 lbs depending on configuration and features with water and propane full and with out clothing food etc. Down side hard to find but if you see one, include it in your list to look at.
They maybe old but many have been well cared for.

Not shure if still available but check link below

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rta-45864.html
__________________
1978 Ontario made Boler
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,751
Registry
Nick a 15' B plan Escape is another very popular trailer on both sides of the border if you are wanting a bathroom:
15 Foot Escape

If you get a chance to attend the Bandon, Oregon meet in July you would be able to see a lot of the Escape models. Will be intreasting to see the numbers attending this year as last year I seem to recall that it was getting close to topping the list of trailer brands there in sheer numbers.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Nick a 15' B plan Escape is another very popular trailer on both sides of the border if you are wanting a bathroom:
15 Foot Escape

If you get a chance to attend the Bandon, Oregon meet in July you would be able to see a lot of the Escape models. Will be intreasting to see the numbers attending this year as last year I seem to recall that it was getting close to topping the list of trailer brands there in sheer numbers.
Thanks so much for the heads up. Unfortunately (or fortunately however you want to look at it) I'll be in the midwest at that time. Probably in PA or perhaps MO, or I could be trucking down to NC to take a look at the ParkLiner or IN MN looking at Scamps.

Lot of traveling without a new home to take with me.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
The 17' boler has a washroom and some have hot water with a combo shower/toilet. They come in SG side gaucho and RG rear gaucho (couch/bed combo) I like the rear better but it is a mater of choice and weight stock. Trailer weights; very light ranging from 2162 lbs to 2560 lbs depending on configuration and features with water and propane full and with out clothing food etc. Down side hard to find but if you see one, include it in your list to look at.
They maybe old but many have been well cared for.

Not shure if still available but check link below

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rta-45864.html
Thanks for the heads up Borden. Doubt that I will have an opportunity to pursue this.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape")
California
Posts: 122
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Just read the rest of your post. Bend would be a little tough for me to get to right now. I'm in the process of packing and getting ready to move all my stuff to my sons, but still working for another 3 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. If I get a chance I might give them a call to see if they still have it and drive over. Nice drive this time of year.

Welcome Nick,
If you come to California, there are a few Escapes to look at. Check out their info, and see if one of them may be of interest to you.
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Welcome Nick,
If you come to California, there are a few Escapes to look at. Check out their info, and see if one of them may be of interest to you.
Thank you.
__________________

Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie- needs help Rosemarie K. Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 23 03-09-2012 09:20 PM
Neat motorcycle/camper/canoe concept Raya General Chat 10 11-21-2009 06:26 PM
Newbie just saying hi John Fazio General Chat 8 01-13-2008 07:42 PM
Design Concept for Extended Living Patrick M. General Chat 4 12-21-2006 11:44 AM
The compact kitchen concept Gigi Modifications, Alterations and Updates 6 08-16-2006 07:22 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×