Hi. I'm Jane and this is my first post. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #1

Name: Jane
Trailer: Bigfoot
Tennessee
Hi. I'm Jane and this is my first post.

I've been reading the threads for several weeks now and have thoroughly enjoyed all the information. I'm planning to rv full-time in a year or so. After much research, I think a 21 or 25 foot Bigfoot trailer would work best for me. But to be sure, I would like to see one. I live in east Tennessee and am willing to drive a reasonable distance to see one. Is there anyone willing to show me theirs? I'm only 15 minutes off I-40 so, if anyone might be driving thru, I could come meet you. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jane H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Jane. A rally is a good spot to check out different rigs also.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Jane, are you familiar with the Oliver? If you're in East Tennessee, you can't be very far from their factory in Hohenwald. Their 23.5 foot model is comparable in length to the Bigfoots you mentioned. Also, I'm in Tupelo if you would like to see our Oliver.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:56 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The BigFoot trailers you yearn for are excellent choices for full timing, but they are very rare and finding one nearby or "driving through" may be tough. Have you checked out the BigFoot ads in Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale.

Unfortunately the closest ones to you right now are on the west coast or in Canada, but new ads appear almost on a daily basis.

Keep in mind, for an FGRV, they are somewhat heavy, not to mention $$$$$.
For starters, what will you be towing with?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #5

Tennessee
Thanks everyone. There's a rally in North Carolina I'm hoping to attend in a few months but I'm not sure I'll get to see a Bigfoot there.

Bob, I don't have a tow vehicle yet. I'm short and getting old so I need something I don't have to climb into. Any suggestions? I'm checking the ads multiple times a day but, like you said, all of the Bigfoots are far from me.

And Steve, I have considered Olivers. They're very nice but I think I like the Bigfoot floor plan better. I also need to buy used and used Oliver's are rare. Thanks for your offer.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You need to know that 21' to 25' BigFoots will weigh between 6000 to almost 8000 lbs going down the road. He's a reference, look at the very bottom:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rld-43010.html

That said, you are going to need a substantial vehicle for pulling that much weight and even that will take some effort to get into and drive.

What you are looking for is very, very had to find, especially in your part of the world. Therefore it will still be a good idea to go to a Rally and look at others for consideration should you not be able to go with your #1 choice.

FWIW: I have been looking for a 17' Bigfoot for several years without luck and I m on the west coast where they are much more plentiful. The few I have seen for sale out here were either overpriced or had condition issues.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You might want to give the Escape trailers a good look, they are a quality trailer but much lighter in weight and will not require such a large tow vehicle as the Bigfoot models.
David L. C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #8

Tennessee
David, I took a second look at the Escape based on your recommendation. I hadn't noticed before that additional insulation was an option. That is important to me. So my only remaining concern is the wet bath. Planning to live full time in my trailer, I thought this might not be so nice. Maybe I'm being too particular. Can anyone give me their thoughts on wet vs dry baths?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You'll want to clean the bath from time to time. Wiping the shower down with a squeegee after bathing kills two birds with one stone.