Hi I'm Larry and my partner is Art - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: Trillium 13' 1976
Ontario
Registry
Hi I'm Larry and my partner is Art

We've just gotten a 1976 Trillium 13' trailer. I wanted something vintage, small and with "the right problems" that I could work on for a project. We love to go camping and I know we are going to love this little camper.

We will pick it up on Saturday and I will begin to scrub it down and take a full inventory of what needs to get fixed. I'll start with the small stuff and work my way round. I'm pretty sure that once we get new tires on it, we could use it as it is for now for a short camp.

I'm also very sure I'll be here asking "how to" and "where can I find" type questions. Can't wait for the first time we get to meet others with this type of camping trailer...I've been looking at videos of Glass Egg meet-ups. Looks like great fun!

Once we get it, I'll get started posting pics. You can be witness to my possibly slow, progress.
ArtandLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #2

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Hi Art and Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtandLarry View Post
We've just gotten a 1976 Trillium 13' trailer. I wanted something vintage, small and with "the right problems" that I could work on for a project. We love to go camping and I know we are going to love this little camper.

We will pick it up on Saturday and I will begin to scrub it down and take a full inventory of what needs to get fixed. I'll start with the small stuff and work my way round. I'm pretty sure that once we get new tires on it, we could use it as it is for now for a short camp.

I'm also very sure I'll be here asking "how to" and "where can I find" type questions. Can't wait for the first time we get to meet others with this type of camping trailer...I've been looking at videos of Glass Egg meet-ups. Looks like great fun!

Once we get it, I'll get started posting pics. You can be witness to my possibly slow, progress.
Congrats on finding your new to you Trillium! What fun and excitement await you as you begin this~ labor of love! Looking forward to your posts & hearing your stories as they unfold...Enjoy!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtandLarry View Post

Congrats lary and Art on your new trillium . Being that your from Ontario your first rally to attend takes place in long beach in mid July . Don't let the name bolerama fool you as at least 50% of the trailers are trilliums . You will get many answers to your questions and lots of inspiration on future projects .
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #4

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Art and Larry,
Welcome to the forum! I caution you though, you might have just started down the path of your next obsession. Have fun with your mods and renos. There is a tonne of info on this site and many talented and knowledgeable people. Enjoy and read on!
Jay

Thinking about going to the Longbeach rally too....
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #5

Name: Kate
Trailer: 1998 13' Scamp
Minnesota
Good luck you guys. We love our '98 Scamp.
Melissa and Kate
katmeador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #6

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster and 2012 Lil Snoozy
Kansas
Registry
Congrats and welcome to a great information site.
Just ask a question and you will get answers plus many ideas on mods to towing.
People here are willing to help.
Remember-we love pictures!
Rich and Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #7

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome to FGRV, Larry and Art!

Trilliums--a lot like the Bolers and Scamps, but unique to themselves as well.
The first glass egg we considered buying was a Trillium, so cute!

But we're in WA state, USA, and it was on Vancouver Island...the ferry ride alone was daunting. We didn't know yet how far we'd go to get an egg of our own...but we learned, and have been learning ever since.

Congrats and best wishes! Happy camping and fixing!

Kai in Seattle
(Kathleen near Renton)
Paul
the pug girls, Nimble and Cinder(ella)
Old 05-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Where did you find the Trillium?

There was one on sale last week here in Michigan. Where are you located in Ontario? There is a nice rally just after Labor Day in Algonac, Michigan, just across the St. Clair River from Ontario, a little north of Windsor.

Be sure to post some photos and congrats!
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #9

Name: Larry
Trailer: Trillium 13' 1976
Ontario
Registry
We found it just outside Peterborough, ON which is where we live. We went to see it and fell for it right there and then. I will post some pics soon as we just got it home last night. We already found out the tail lights etc. are not working, but we'll get them working soon enough!
ArtandLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:15 PM   #10

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Howdie guys and enjoy your modifications. DH and I are not at all "handy" so going the" buy a distressed classic and fix it up" doesn't work for us. Maybe we'll see you after we take possession. Our plans are for Canada in 2017.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #11

Name: Linda
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Ontario
Congratulations and welcome Larry and Art! My first Fiberglass Trailer was a Trillium and I loved it. I know you will love yours too.

I live in Alliston Ontario. I won't be making the Bolerama this year as I will already be in the Algonquin Highlands starting in June.

Once you know all the safe things are in good condition just go for a couple of days somewhere.
That should give you tons of ideas of what you want to do.

Cheers, Linda
Linda Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:10 PM   #12

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Congrats on your new trailer. I love the older "vintage" models. Concentrate on the safety stuff like the tires, brakes (if you have them), wheel bearings, running lights, etc for the time being. With a trailer that old I'd also have the propane lines pressure tested before I used the stove, etc. or just turn off the propane at the tank and cook outside on a camp stove for now. Pics soon I hope!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:19 AM   #13

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Really looking forward to pictures. I am kind of a Trillium fanatic.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:51 AM   #14

Name: Randy
Trailer: In the Market
Oregon
Long Beach rally in July? Canada? or WA
Randy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:00 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario