Hi. I'm new to all of this. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Hi. I'm new to all of this.

Hi,

I recently purchased my first rv (a Boler). I had been looking casually for one for about 2 years and just went for it. It needs a lot of work to look great but as far as I know it has no leaks and it's safe to tow.

The reason I started looking for a Boler is because I love camping and wanted to camp with my son (now 2 sons), but my husband is afraid of bears (he's Australian) so won't camp in a tent and wanted something with hard sides. I haven't broke the news to him that if a bear really wants to get in the Boler isn't going to stop him.

I have a lot of updating to do so I will probably post a lot of questions in the reno section.

Looking forward to talking to all of you!
Monix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Welcome and congrats on your find. We love to see pics, and they'll help folks see what's needed.

Walt
Old 04-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #3

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Hi Lisa,

welcome to the group, I have owned 2 Trilliums and they were both bare when I got them and needed total rebuilds. The latest one is a T4500 which is just slightly larger and has a queen size bed and double bunk in front. I live in the Toronto area and like to travel with it to see car races and travel south in winter. I have been to BC several times with my van and love the Vancouver islands for camping and the southern BC route along the border to Alberta. You are right about a fibreglass trailer probably not keeping a bear out that is hungry. I think you should be honest with your hubby about this and find a way to make him comfortable. There are ways...One of the more likely dangers are running into wildlife like deer while travelling in BC. I have encountered that several times and have a cow-catcher installed on my tow vehicle. I saw the result of a friend of mine's van after he hit a deer with his van out west. cheers and enjoy the trailer and camping in one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #4

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Ventura 1974
Alberta
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monix View Post
Hi,

I recently purchased my first rv (a Boler). I had been looking casually for one for about 2 years and just went for it. It needs a lot of work to look great but as far as I know it has no leaks and it's safe to tow.

The reason I started looking for a Boler is because I love camping and wanted to camp with my son (now 2 sons), but my husband is afraid of bears (he's Australian) so won't camp in a tent and wanted something with hard sides. I haven't broke the news to him that if a bear really wants to get in the Boler isn't going to stop him.

I have a lot of updating to do so I will probably post a lot of questions in the reno section.

Looking forward to talking to all of you!
I got a giggle out of your message - I too, have a hubby NOT impressed with bears! So I bought a teeny tiny '74 Ventura (sleeps 3!), so we'll see if this changes his opinion on camping. I called his bluff!! ;-)
Cynthua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #5

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Thanks for the replies!

Walt I took a few pictures this morning. It's nothing special to look at right now I have a lot of work to do. So much actually I don't know where to start. We took out the stove, etc so we could see what we needed to fix/clean. I'm thinking about leaving the stove out and covering it with a nice countertop since I really shouldn't cook inside and I'd be worried about my kids playing with it.

I couldn't remember what year it was but I found the registration and it's a 1975 13' Boler. The model no is B13 T-E-

As for the bears, I think once I get him out there he'll forget about them
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4341.jpg   IMG_4342.jpg  

IMG_4344.jpg   IMG_4345.jpg  

Monix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:23 PM   #6

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Nice find! I'm not a Bolar aficionado, but it it looks like your '75 model has a little bit of something replaced or added to it from each decade since then. Have fun making it your own and getting out to enjoy it.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #7

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hi,

great find, looks so cute. Love the colour. Maybe we will meet sometime in this big beautiful province.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Lisa! Great pictures! Have fun with the reno.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #9

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Hi Lisa, and welcome!

I have a 1975 Scamp that is very similar to your Boler.

Bears are attracted greatly by smells, and bad habits like leaving food out, especially not well wrapped in plastic, encourages trouble. Having your food well wrapped, and maybe in something similar to Tupperware, and in a cupboard, or in your icebox or fridge, minimizes smells by adding layers of odor barriers.

Enjoy your Boler!!

Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #10

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Hello Lisa,

Your hubby must have seen one of those documentaries where the bear-lover became food for the bear!

It does happen though, but remind him that backpackers and tent campers can be perfectly safe. Some campsites have those wooden cupboards for food (probably wouldn't keep a bear out but at least he's not ripping into your little Boler), or you could even take the step of hoisting everything in a bag high up in a tree like the Boy Scouts do.

The point being if those people can be safe with those strategies, you can surely be safe in your little trailer. Providing you don't smear one another with honey at bedtime!

EllPea
EllPea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote