Hi, I'm new to the forum - looking for info on an armadillo or Escape - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-31-2020, 10:17 AM   #1

Name: Tiffany
Trailer: In the market
Canada
Hi, I'm new to the forum - looking for info on an armadillo or Escape

Hello!
We are just beginning our adventure into the RV life! Right now we tent camp. We are looking for a small fiberglass trailer (ideally Canadian made). Does anyone have first hand experience with either Escape or Armadillo? We would need a trailer that sleeps 4 (3 - 5'+ in height) and is capable of being used in the late fall/early spring.

Many thanks!

greentravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:17 AM   #2

Name: BJ
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21' Formerly 2015 Escape 19'
Wisconsin
What size and what are you going to tow it with? I had an Escape 19 and currently have a 21. While they are both wonderful, the older 2015 19' was actually a better trailer. Fewer glitches. What ever you do, get the manual awning if you have a choice.

bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #3

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
A 17' Escape with the bunk bed option would be a minimal but quite nice fit to those specs. It Will sleep 4 6 scooters and the table Will Seat 4 in reasonable comfort. The bunk bed comes as a permanent installation but it's an easy mod to drill out the jingle pins and replace them with quick release pins and leave the bunk bed at home when not needed.

Walt
Old 08-01-2020, 11:09 AM   #4

Canada
Hi! I am towing with a RAM 1500 with the Hemi - think I am good til 12500 lbs or so.

Thanks for the responses on the Escape trailers!
Old 08-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #5

Canada
I read about a cot option with the Escape (I think)? Does anyone have experience with it for a 100lb+ person?
Old 08-01-2020, 11:39 AM   #6

Canada
Thank you for the pointers!!
Old 08-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #7

Name: Lynne
Trailer: Escape
Idaho
Escape all the way baby!

In 14 years have had a dozen trailers and the Escape has been the best so far. Easy towing and aerodynamic design makes driving in windy areas easy. Good luck 👍
Gypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 AM   #8

Name: KC
Trailer: shopping
Alaska
Hi, we were in a similar position. I had posted about debating between a Casita vs. Armadillo a few weeks ago, and we actually ended up with an Escape 17A! I think the Armadillo Backpack was our first choice, simply based on how it looks--much more modern, loved the color choices, lighter weight. My 3 young kids loved the idea of a triple bunk. The used Escape happened to be for sale and in a city where it could be shipped up easily to us. And most importantly, it was available NOW (versus the 6 month wait for building a Backpack). So, we decided to go for it. We just got it a few days ago, and we've enjoyed hanging out in it in our driveway. My kids are small, so the 5 of us fit in it fine for now. Can't wait to take it out!

There's a small FB group of Armadillo and Backpack owners that you can join to get a better feel for them. Definitely more limited than Escape, but seems like a happy bunch of folks. One of the more recent builds included a HUGE bed (king size, for a trailer), an overhead bunk, an enclosed toilet (not sure if it is a wet bath), and front kitchen with window.

Enjoy the research process!

nerak31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armadillo, escape