Hi, I'm Rhonda in West TN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: Looking for a Casita
Tennessee
Hi, I'm Rhonda in West TN

Just found the perfect little Casita and it was sold before we could pin it down. I hear that happens a lot. Hubby and have been looking for a 17' Spirit Deluxe Casita. We just sold our late 60s model Coachman, it was just too big a project for us, so now we need something we can just get in and go.
SophieJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Yes, you have to move FAST! We sold our Casita a couple of months ago, sold in four hours, and we had several people that wanted it. We have bought two molded fiberglass trailers. In both cases, we bought on day ONE, and the seller had multiple people ready to buy. Needless to say, you can pretty much forget negotiating on price.

If the trailer is priced appropriately, they go super fast. There is no time to wait for the weekend, or when it is convenient to go see it, or whatever. It WILL be gone by then!

Given the long backlogs from all of the manufacturers, people that want a camper NOW have no choice but to go used.

I've had one where the seller got offered over asking price and reneged on what I thought was an agreed upon deal. Its how it goes. "Dibs" means nothing! First person with cash wins.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Rhonda!

Kinda funny... that "little" Casita 17 you missed is actually considered mid-sized in these parts!

Downsizing does entail some compromises in livability, but as you have realized, the upside is easier hitching and towing, getting into places and campsites you couldn't otherwise, generally being more flexible and lighter on your feet. Less maintenance, too.

Good news is the Casita 17 is a common and popular model. Another will be along soon. Bill is right- be ready to jump!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #4

Name: Charles
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Get your cash ready, and be very patient. Know exactly what you want (Casita Liberty Deluxe for us). Model year is not very important, but condition does. I waited 2 months, and the three hit the market in 1 day within100 miles of me. I bought the second one I looked at in about 1.5 hours. We are thrilled, and revel in knowing that I can get as much or more for it in the future.
bookernoe is offline   Reply With Quote