Hi, im Tony - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
California
Hi, im Tony

Just bought a new Casita Sd 17'. Came across this web site and thought there was a lot of good info and a lot if good people, maybe someday I might meet some of you. I live in Loomis, Ca. I get my Casita around July 26 th. This is what I will be pulling it with.
Attached Thumbnails
image-522882967.jpg  
TonyLb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Tony.
Congratulations on your new Casita.
I know you will enjoy it. Your TV should be a great match.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Tony, welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here

Waiting for the egg hatching can be nail biting. I'm sure your all molded towable will provide you with years of wonderful memories.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #4

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Hey Tony, welcome to the family. Congrats on the new purchase. Great group of people here with years of knowledge. Again.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #5

Name: Randy
Trailer: casita
Florida
Hi Tony, Welcome to the world of FB trailors. We just bought a 99 Casita SD a week ago and love it. Have learned quite a bit about it since. Youll have to duck to go in and out unless your only 5 ft tall, more like a hatch than a door. Probably not the best for a family but for the wife and I , after loading our gear, we found the storage space to be ample, and the compactness to be cozy, not cramped. Id pull it anywhere and you wont have a problem with that truck. Youll want to get the plug and brake controller installed so youll be set. Ive pulled ours about 400 miles so far without using the trailor brakes, but for emergency stops or going downhill itll save your TV brakes. No regrets here, have had several campers and Im keeping this one.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #6

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
July 26?!? Gee, not June maybe? You'll enjoy nopt only the Casita, you'll enjoy these folks on the forum, they're a great bunch! One of these years we hope to get a 17' Casita. Enjoy!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Hi Tony, welcome to the site.

You are right, lots of good info and people here. I have met many of them in person now, and have really enjoyed doing so.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #8

California
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. In regards to your comment stairman on storage I did decide a couple days ago to cancel my microwave thinking the storage would be more important. Hope it was the right decision,I figured I could always buy one later if I felt I needed one. I have seen a13 and 17sd so I do know you need to be a little creative on space. Again thanks for the welcome and look forward to new adventures.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLb View Post
.....I did decide a couple days ago to cancel my microwave thinking the storage would be more important.
We did just that in our Escape 19 too, and are glad we did. The cupboard space the microwave would have taken is now our pantry, and holds most of our dry goods. As we are off the grid most of the time, the microwave would do us no good anyway.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #10

California
That's what I was thinking Jim, I only use mine at home to warm up coffee or left overs and when I'm camping there's usually no left overs cause food just taste so good out camping I eat everything.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #11

Registry
Sounds about the same for us, Tony. When camping we tend to make the "right amount" for our meals, whereas at home we often make extra to be used as easy leftover meals.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome! I wanted to mention that we haven't used a microwave in so many years I can't count them. I have a pan with a higher top, almost looks like a wok but with flat bottom, and a rack inside which I put my leftovers on with water in the bottom of the pan and this works great! I use this to refresh sort of stale bakery items and sometimes to help defrost. Get the water boiling and shut off the heat, wait a few minutes.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Welcome! I wanted to mention that we haven't used a microwave in so many years I can't count them. I have a pan with a higher top, almost looks like a wok but with flat bottom, and a rack inside which I put my leftovers on with water in the bottom of the pan and this works great! I use this to refresh sort of stale bakery items and sometimes to help defrost. Get the water boiling and shut off the heat, wait a few minutes.
I'm curious what this looks like.

This?