Hi I'm Wendy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Burro 13 ft, 1984
Massachusetts
Hi I'm Wendy

I'm Wendy in Northampton Massachusetts. I just got my first fiberglass trailer, a 1984 Burro. It was a direct sale from a person about a hour from where I live who owned it for about 15 years, though the last time he registered it was 2010 so it was sitting for 4 years or so. It seems pretty solid but it has a few issues I'll be exploring and probably posting about! I'm glad to know about this site!
wenrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Wendy!

When you have a chance, we'd love to see some pictures of your new trailer.

Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Wendy. As your new trailer has been sitting a while be sure you have the bearings checked and repacked and a set of new tires.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:01 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
WELCOM ABOARD

Welcome, Wendy from Massachusetts. You have just turned a page and are starting a new chapter. We hope it will be as rewarding and as much fun as ours with our rigs. Anything you need to know is very likely filed away in here so all you have to do is ask. Someone will know.
And, we really do love pictures..... particularly those before and after ones when you do your clean outs and renos.... Good luck... Scouter Dave
Old 06-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #5

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Welcome Wendy! I'm another Wendy from Sanborn, NY. I am happy to offer help and advice as I've experienced a few things now that needed tending to, such as leaks, replacing rivets, adding simple modifications. Many wonderful folks here have patiently walked me through and educated me, and so what I've learned, I'm happy to share.

Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The Burro is a cousin to the Uhaul campers, almost identical in construction. We have a few Burro owners on the Uhaul Facebook site.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #7

Massachusetts
Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement! I feel lucky to have found this trailer, I've wanted one for years, and I'm excited to get to know it! I did get new tires, but haven't had the bearings checked. I took it to my local RV place but they weren't really interested in working on it, I think they're more into the new big rigs. So I'm going to work with a local jack of all trades handyman, and some knowledgeable friends. I'm excited to get to know it and look forward to many happy adventures!

I'm trying to upload a photo... not sure if it worked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-23 12.42.32.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	85946
Old 06-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #8

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
Welcome Wendy! I'm another Wendy from Sanborn, NY. I am happy to offer help and advice as I've experienced a few things now that needed tending to, such as leaks, replacing rivets, adding simple modifications. Many wonderful folks here have patiently walked me through and educated me, and so what I've learned, I'm happy to share.

Wendy

Hi Wendy in Sanborn,
Is there a way to message directly? I'd love to compare notes!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #9

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Hi Wendy,

If you click on the picture of my dog near my name in my posts, my profile comes up. If you're using a phone to write, a little envelope pops up allowing you to pm me.

On a laptop, I believe you can click on my name CampyTime and the option to private message me comes up, I believe. Not near the computer right now. But whatever the process it's easy.

Looking forward to helping you with bearings and any other questions to which I have the knowledge or skill to properly advise you.

Wendy

CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote