Hi! My name is Ashley - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #1

Name: Ashley
Trailer: scamp 5th wheel
California
Hi! My name is Ashley

Hello, I’m Ashley. I have a 1989 Scamp 5th wheel. This is my first time ever owning a RV and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I am learning how to Do it myself repairs and that’s why I wanted to join. My Goal is to fix my Scamp in little cost effective ways. I am currently living in my RV and I would love any Information that could help me achieve my goal so I could be reunited with my children again. The RV currently has no working electricity and no running water. I don’t know where to begin just yet. I’m taking my decisions slow and jotting down my own ideas. The current layout is a little to small for my liking. But I absolutely love my RV. It has became a hobby that I enjoy and coming up with ways on how make it a dream 5th wheel for my Family is truly an amazing experience for myself and my kids. When I they come visit we will do a project together that involves fixing something in the trailer. Anyways, It’s nice to finally meet everyone and to be able to get this opportunity ends with thank you, it’s appreciated!
Ashley Honuluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:03 PM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Take pictures of your trailer to post and then ask. There is an extensive library of information on the site on how others did their repairs. Fix one problem at a time. Make a list of your needs. Prioritize example electrical before water as water pump uses electricity.

Welcome to the group.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:30 PM   #3

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Club has others with scamp trailers that are a great resource
Old 05-06-2021, 05:50 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Borden’s advice is good. Break it down into bite-sized chunks, prioritize your list, and take one thing at a time, starting from the top. This forum is a very helpful place and can certainly give some suggestions to help you organize your list.

When describing a problem, photos are helpful. Look for instructions in the thread “Forums 101” in the news and announcements section. If you use a phone or tablet, take your photos in landscape mode with the home button on the right.

To get a better idea of which Scamp 19 you have, are the inside cabinets made of wood or fiberglass? (Or practice your picture-posting skills and show us.).

Best wishes getting your trailer functional!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Step 1 is eliminating possible leak sources. Leaks will undo all of your good work.

Step 2 is electrical: no electrical means no interior lights and more. Pretty important.

Bite sized chunks for the WIN!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Ashley, You have come to the right place. We are a helpful crowd, and we love pictures! Please show us your Scamp.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, scamp